Vegas!!!! MK3's smack Talk/update on travellers heading to Vegas

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Brad: Remember NOT to overtorque the tensioner bolt 36ft/lbs only.

Be a good idea to grab a new spring as well while you're in there.

Hope you have a trouble free return trip.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I don't know how much competition you would have had, but you were guaranteed to win at least one trophy with your beautiful car. Be careful going home.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
It was just a string of bad luck. I didn't bring a jack or tons of tools because lots of the other guys were. It was all set up that the parts would arrive the next day, and the local shop would do the work, so the guys left for Vegas. The shop mechanic then didn't show up, and none of the other shops would do it that day, PLUS I had all those shards of spark plug ceramic almost falling inside my combustion chamber, and surely underneath the seal of the used plug I was trying to change out. Needed at least a shop vac for that. I could do the work myself, if I had my full set of tools with me and a shop vac and place to work on it(not on the side of the highway). Finally got it towed into a shop today that should have it all fixed tomorrow, but I'm still 6-8 hrs outside of Vegas. Just a string of bullshit, really.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
tekdeus;1145570 said:
It was just a string of bad luck. I didn't bring a jack or tons of tools because lots of the other guys were. It was all set up that the parts would arrive the next day, and the local shop would do the work, so the guys left for Vegas. The shop mechanic then didn't show up, and none of the other shops would do it that day, PLUS I had all those shards of spark plug ceramic almost falling inside my combustion chamber, and surely underneath the seal of the used plug I was trying to change out. Needed at least a shop vac for that. I could do the work myself, if I had my full set of tools with me and a shop vac and place to work on it(not on the side of the highway). Finally got it towed into a shop today that should have it all fixed tomorrow, but I'm still 6-8 hrs outside of Vegas. Just a string of bullshit, really.

Brad, sorry to hear all the problems and i can feel your frustion, i hope that his guy shows up so you can be on your way. but are you still make that 8hrs and meet up with the rest in vegas or are you just going to head back, either way have a safe trip.

-Aries

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
sweet found out ill be making it up friday night so ill miss the car show :( but whatever that leaves plenty of run for racing on saturday :D

2jzmk3

it was nice meeting you guys. putting the name with the faces. jeff's car ran great.
i missed talking to a bunch of you, but thats whats next year is for. this year was much better than last year.
i got a bunch of pics, i will post later.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
2jzmk3;1148344 said:
it was nice meeting you guys. putting the name with the faces. jeff's car ran great.
i missed talking to a bunch of you, but thats whats next year is for. this year was much better than last year.
i got a bunch of pics, i will post later.

You bringing your car next year Sean?!

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
very nice!

OT:
What color is your car? I'm putting together a 89 hardtop thats going to be my 'drag car' (2jz, th350 etc) and going to paint it blue, and want to make sure its not the same color, lol. I'm probably going to go with Spectra blue from lexus.

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
tissimo;1148395 said:
very nice!

OT:
What color is your car? I'm putting together a 89 hardtop thats going to be my 'drag car' (2jz, th350 etc) and going to paint it blue, and want to make sure its not the same color, lol. I'm probably going to go with Spectra blue from lexus.

Viper Blue with Metalic

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Where's the video of me eliminating Jeff with my basically stock 1jz? LOL

That last pass was really nice Jeff!

And Dave took the stock turbo class AGAIN this year! Can anyone stop him?!? LOL

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
bigaaron;1148530 said:
Where's the video of me eliminating Jeff with my basically stock 1jz? LOL

That last pass was really nice Jeff!

And Dave took the stock turbo class AGAIN this year! Can anyone stop him?!? LOL

Here you go Aaron...... Doesnt show any of the fireball I had going but as you will notice I did give you that 2 second head start I promised..... LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnq3Dxn6XnU

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Aaron, I don't think he was going to catch up............:biglaugh:

JK, I'm glad the fire didn't get any bigger and you were able to get it put out.