Vacuum diagram questions. A mystery connector dangling.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I was trying to connect all of my vacuum hoses and ran into a couple missing. I was using this as a guide. http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/TechTips/vacuum_hose.aspx

This VSV below has one nipple that connects to the hardpipe, and another (yellow) that connects to the EGR. I don't know where the nipple indicated in red goes. Where does it go? This is the VSV closest to the EGR.

vsvb.jpg

This tube below was connected the hardpipe that the VSV's are connected to. Where does the other end indicated in red connect to?

tubejn.jpg

Below is the mystery wire connection that just dangling there. It has a black wire with yellow stripe, and a solid brown wire. It branches off the harness where the other two wire/connections go to the R154. It's short, and obviously connects to something underneath the intake manifold. I just can't find it. Any ideas?

connector1.jpg

connector2.jpg

Last edited:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
#1 - that is supposed to be connected to a simple filter that just slides on the nipple.

IMG_4756.JPG

#2 - that goes up through the intake manifold runners and connects to the hardline used as a vacuum source for your bypass valve.

#3 - This is the only one I'm kinda fuzzy about... as I recall, it was unused on mine as well, and some have said that it may have something to do with the stock alarm.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Thanks guys. I appreciate the help.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

nick88;1604247 said:
Reverse lights.....

I have the reverse lights plugged in already. That one is longer than this mysterious one. It does look alot like the reverse lights connector though.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Cold start injector is pluged in.
After looking closely to TRSM's wiring diagram skematics I found out what that dangling wire is. It's to the EGR gas temp. sensor (california model). I feel much better about just leaving it there. I can now move foward.

cricketjoe

Mar 27, 2010
CA
i had the same problem with that mystery connection. i was wondering why egr code kept showing up... you should plug it in to prevent your check engine light from showing.

Also the VSVs tip with the red circle should have a cylinder shaped filter on it. It's not supposed to connect to anything.

edit.. nvr mind all these were answered lol