Upgraded Radiator

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Hey guys,

Who has a aftermarket radiator with the stock fan and shroud.
I am in the market for one and want to know what you guys like and how the fitment is on them.

Also, is there any difference between a NA fan clutch as opposed to the turbo fan clutch?
and how do you test a fan clutch out of car?

Thanks guys,
Sam

Last edited:

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
About your fan clutch question, yes the turbo clutch is different. NA's have a teal hub, turbos have a brown hub on the fan clutch. Going from an NA clutch to a turbo clutch is an upgrade from everything i understand.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I just traded my Mishimoto Radiator to a local guy because Mishimoto puts fan shroud mounts on their radiators, where his Koyo had none. Aside from slightly hogging out the lower rad mounts, the Mishimoto fit well with the fan shroud and even the double AC fans fit correctly! (that double fan unit sucked to install)

Edit: we traded because he wanted to use his fan shroud and I don't have/want one- so it worked out well!

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
I've owned a fluidyne and a mishimoto. Price wise they are on opposite ends of the spectrum, however due to the extra cooling capacity and excellent warranty which I've already used for replacement, mishimoto hands down takes the cake.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
IwantMKIII;1575498 said:
I've owned a fluidyne and a mishimoto. Price wise they are on opposite ends of the spectrum, however due to the extra cooling capacity and excellent warranty which I've already used for replacement, mishimoto hands down takes the cake.

I was looking at a Fluidyne, but for over $400 idk.. way too much IMO considering other comprable rads are in the $2-300 range.

Thank for clarifying about the fan clutches too.

Sam

boostaddict

Jul 23, 2008
connecticut
i bought a fluidyne cause mine was leaking real bad and thats what the local shop could get there hands on the quickest. it was a little pricey i have to admit but as far as fitment and the shroud and the fans hooked up real nice. no complaints about it except price.

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
I got a pwr.
Fits great with the stock fan shroud and rad mounts. Dropped right in. The extra capacity for fluid gives me alot of comfort, and the radiator just looks nice lol.

But I got mine used on here. So I paid nowhere near the 500+ they want for it new.