Upgraded CT26

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Hey guys. I had a few questions regarding upgraded wheels. I have access to CNC lathes at school and I was thinking it would be fairly simple to make my own upgraded CT26. Basically I had two questions for you guys. One of them is kind of a moot point, since I have mics and what not.. But I was looking at wheels today and I wasn't sure what wheels would fit on the factory shaft. So if anybody has a turbine shaft or better yet, a compressor wheel to measure, that would be greatly appreciated.

Second thing... Obviously you need to bore the compressor housing to the inducer and exducer diameters... plus .020" or so (also, what clearances SHOULD there be?) But what happens in the middle? Is it just a simple radius to blend the two diameters? Just a radius tangent to both the inducer and exducer? Any help there is also greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I've rebuilt turbos in the past, and am very well versed in that side of things. Thank you for your input though! 😁

I talked to my instructor about it today, and we came up with an idea to sketch out the radius using the compressor wheel (Garrett T04E 57 trim should be here soon...) Mounted to the turbine shaft, sitting in a vblock and an optical comparator. It's pretty self explanatory if you know what a comparator does.

Hopefully it turns out well! If it does you guys just may have a cheaper option for 57 trims...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Remember you'll still have to send it out to have the rotating assembly high speed balanced once your done.