Unfair fines!

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
So i just wanted to share a fine i just received 30 mins ago whilst on my 250rr motorbike. I was coming home after dropping off my old boys ute when i stopped at the lights and waited for them to turn green (as you do).
When i took off i gave it quarter throttle, let out the clutch and as the revs dropped gave it a little more to pick the revs up a bit then backed off once i got up to speed, note i never once went over 60kmph nor did i get out of 1st gear.
Out of the blue a policeman jumped out in front of me 70 metres (approx)away from where i had just taken off and proceeded to wave me over.
He looked my bike over and my license and then proceeded to issue me with a ticket for undue noise.
He claims i was revving the bike excessively and therefore deserving of paying a $300.00 fine.
I said to the officer i was only quarter throttle and he said " Do you think i was born yesterday?" I then pointed out my little cbr250rr doesn't have a lot of torque and needs to be revved a bit to take off at a normal pace, and quarter throttle is roughly 5000rpm with max rpm 20,000rpm. I called him sir and gave him the usual respect and honesty but it didn't work this time.
He ignored my plea and gave me the ticket while pointing out what a reckless act it is and that i'm a danger to everyone.

well aren't i just an asshole! I wouldn't mind if i was speeding or if i was hooning but just giving my bike a rev taking off, really?
I have no choice but to sell my bike now as i don't see how it is safe for me to take off any slower with my bike and i can't afford to keep giving money to the local police dept.
Well that's my crap fine, anyone else get a dodgy one that only points to police revenue raiseing?

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I received a defect notice for my driver's seat being "loose"... Bloody cop was shaking the head rest and not the actual seat!!!

(Checked it when home, and the driver's seat was 100% bolted down, however the passenger seat was missing a bolt!!!!)

They also got me for my exhaust being too loud... Passed blue slip the previous month with flying colours!

ONE of the four brake lights was out, yet he felt the need to defect me on that as well!

Also got done for my pod filter, even though it was enclosed!

I was courteous and politely pointed out the fact that NONE of the things I was defected for was an actual defect... All this got me was a blue slip inspection instead of the usual pink slip! :icon_evil

(For those of you that don't know, a blue slip inspection is a hell of alot more involved and triple the cost of a pink slip)

Cops reasoning for the blue slip inspection was that I'd, "probably know someone who can get me a dodgy pink slip"

(Little did he know I actually knew someone to get me a dodgy blue slip :evil2:)

So Wiseco, I empathise 100%!!!!

psykho supra

Atama ga kuru teru
Oct 24, 2005
Marysville, OH
Wow, sounds just as bad as in the states. Here the older cops seem more laid back. The younger ones or the ones that look like hard asses are the ones that are going to make you jump loops.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
I'm not a hoon!!!! :p

I was designated driver and driving like a nanna when the dickhead cop pulled me over!

(They were having a slow Sat night)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Ian, lets try to refrain from name calling..................kiwi..............:evil2:

please don't ban me.

briggsy

TEAM BHG 247
Feb 4, 2007
with the kangaroos
LilMissMkIII;1352993 said:
I'm not a hoon!!!! :p

I was designated driver and driving like a nanna when the dickhead cop pulled me over!

because i was drunk in the passenger seat :biglaugh:

I got pulled over one morning. It all happened one nice sunny morning at about 9:40am, Kristel and i decided to go for a drive, i had stopped at the traffic lights waiting to turn right, lights go green, i proceed to make my way up i slight hill and the traffic lights at the top of the hill change to yellow so i though im going to stop anyway and left the soarer in first gear.

Half way up the hill i notice a cop hiding behind a tree and notice him radio ahead to the police up the hill doing random breath testing, by this time the gearset in the Soarer was making the most beautiful whining noise fairly load mind you, so i stop at the traffic lights at the top of the hill and there were three cops waiting, i thought shit here we go again, i got pulled into the side street where they were set up.

1st cop comes over to give me a breath test which i passed with flying colours, i thought sweet ill be on my way now, wrong. She tells me to wait here for a moment. Then another cop comes over and asks me to open the bonnet, i thought shit he must have heard the locker as went around the corner, i open the bonnet and he must have thought all his christmases had come all at once, im standing there and he is writing down everything he wants to get me for, he looks at the turbo and says thats not standard(T78) those gauges etc etc, i was feeling like shit by now thinking i may need to call a tow truck as im not driving this home today, he walked off to his car to run a check on my car, comes back 5mins later and asks "can you turn your headlights on so i do and low and behold i one headlight is out, dead globe, he then moves the battery "oh thats lose" and the rear tyre were low on tread, he then proceeds to write me a ticket for those three things wrong and puts a nice DEFECTIVE vehicle sticker on the car, he the explains to me why i only got done for those minor things" you have an un-restricted modifications plate againest the vin number, so thats all i can get you for" i was like sweet have a good day

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
psykho supra;1352969 said:
Wow, sounds just as bad as in the states. Here the older cops seem more laid back. The younger ones or the ones that look like hard asses are the ones that are going to make you jump loops.

Yeah its sad.. most of them are trying to "prove something"... Overcompensate, etc..

I am fortunate enough to not really have any problems like that being pulled over.. I've only got pulled over 1 time for speeding, and it was deserved. I was doing 63 in a 55 on a country road with a lot of driveways/side roads.

I have heard stories, but never experienced it.. Did their nitpicking piss you off?

Bomberillo

Banned
Nov 14, 2008
Lynwood
briggsy;1353010 said:
because i was drunk in the passenger seat :biglaugh:

I got pulled over one morning. It all happened one nice sunny morning at about 9:40am, Kristel and i decided to go for a drive, i had stopped at the traffic lights waiting to turn right, lights go green, i proceed to make my way up i slight hill and the traffic lights at the top of the hill change to yellow so i though im going to stop anyway and left the soarer in first gear.

Half way up the hill i notice a cop hiding behind a tree and notice him radio ahead to the police up the hill doing random breath testing, by this time the gearset in the Soarer was making the most beautiful whining noise fairly load mind you, so i stop at the traffic lights at the top of the hill and there were three cops waiting, i thought shit here we go again, i got pulled into the side street where they were set up.

1st cop comes over to give me a breath test which i passed with flying colours, i thought sweet ill be on my way now, wrong. She tells me to wait here for a moment. Then another cop comes over and asks me to open the bonnet, i thought shit he must have heard the locker as went around the corner, i open the bonnet and he must have thought all his christmases had come all at once, im standing there and he is writing down everything he wants to get me for, he looks at the turbo and says thats not standard(T78) those gauges etc etc, i was feeling like shit by now thinking i may need to call a tow truck as im not driving this home today, he walked off to his car to run a check on my car, comes back 5mins later and asks "can you turn your headlights on so i do and low and behold i one headlight is out, dead globe, he then moves the battery "oh thats lose" and the rear tyre were low on tread, he then proceeds to write me a ticket for those three things wrong and puts a nice DEFECTIVE vehicle sticker on the car, he the explains to me why i only got done for those minor things" you have an un-restricted modifications plate againest the vin number, so thats all i can get you for" i was like sweet have a good day

Whats a unrestricted modifications plate?

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
LilMissMkIII;1352966 said:
I received a defect notice for my driver's seat being "loose"... Bloody cop was shaking the head rest and not the actual seat!!!

(Checked it when home, and the driver's seat was 100% bolted down, however the passenger seat was missing a bolt!!!!)

They also got me for my exhaust being too loud... Passed blue slip the previous month with flying colours!

ONE of the four brake lights was out, yet he felt the need to defect me on that as well!

Also got done for my pod filter, even though it was enclosed!

I was courteous and politely pointed out the fact that NONE of the things I was defected for was an actual defect... All this got me was a blue slip inspection instead of the usual pink slip! :icon_evil

(For those of you that don't know, a blue slip inspection is a hell of alot more involved and triple the cost of a pink slip)

Cops reasoning for the blue slip inspection was that I'd, "probably know someone who can get me a dodgy pink slip"

(Little did he know I actually knew someone to get me a dodgy blue slip :evil2:)

So Wiseco, I empathise 100%!!!!

Thanks Lilmiss! it makes me feel alot better to hear about other dodgy fine stories for some reason. I also have got a ticket before for an incorrectly hooked up vacuum line that ran to my charcoal canister, that was on my slr lx torana, A mechanic later told me my car didn't need one anyway and i could've fought it in court although it's hardly worth it somtimes.
When i got the ticket yesterday i kept thinking what kind of undue noise my supra would've made at 5000+rpm:evil2:

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
Thats an absolute crock of shit. +1 for fight it. I think its absolute bull shit because you could sawzall the exhaust right off your bike and it still wouldnt be half as loud as some of the harleys out there! Its the same way with cars, my supra with the quiet HKS turbo exhaust will get a noise ticket before a 350 chevy with flowmasters. Complete BS!

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
lewis15498;1353172 said:
Thats an absolute crock of shit. +1 for fight it. I think its absolute bull shit because you could sawzall the exhaust right off your bike and it still wouldnt be half as loud as some of the harleys out there! Its the same way with cars, my supra with the quiet HKS turbo exhaust will get a noise ticket before a 350 chevy with flowmasters. Complete BS!

Funny you should say that, the same night there were 6 harleys riding round town breaking several rules and the cops wouldn't touch them. Guess i was an easy target.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
To those of you saying to fight it - it's definitely not worth it, especially in the case of defects - much easier for me to just pay the $110 and get my mate to clear it from the system.

briggsy

TEAM BHG 247
Feb 4, 2007
with the kangaroos
Bomberillo;1353147 said:
Whats a unrestricted modifications plate?

i could basically do any modification to the car and not get fines for it, this car had alot of modifications done to it and it was legal for me to do it

mytmk3

Oct 16, 2007
christchurch
well I got a $150 fine for not indicating out of a roundabout sort of fair enuf but there was noone on the road at the time. And my freind got stung the same for no indicating long enuf :aigo:

so after being reminded of this fine driving down the (very quiet) entrance for the subdivision i live in I was indicating every time I turned the wheel (going past parked cars on narrowish unmarked road) next thing I know I see the red and blue flashing.

He comes out ranting and raving that boyracer behavior is blah blah.
then tells me he is going to impound my car for recless driving. After a while of him telling me I was speeding (which I was not) and me defending myself he gets all huffy and says I can go and I should count myself lucky he will give me a fine for something he is not sure yet because he doesnt no what I did but he is sure I did something hes going to ask back at the office later for some ideas!!!!!

Two days later "failure to stay between the lanes" $150 it was an unmarked road!!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I fight ALL my tickets. Sure it costs more but it stays off my record AND it's the principal of the matter especially when it's bullshit.

Remember, they want your money, if you fight it it costs them more money as well to pay the judge, ect...

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Poodles;1353273 said:
I fight ALL my tickets. Sure it costs more but it stays off my record AND it's the principal of the matter especially when it's bullshit.

Remember, they want your money, if you fight it it costs them more money as well to pay the judge, ect...

I don't really know much about law so i wouldn't have a clue how to even go about it and if i pay someone it will end up costing more. There was two police officers there at the time and one was great with a great attitude that didn't look like he even wanted to be there but the other was ranting and raveing like he was reading out of a text book. I guess it's my word against two officers, doubt i'd win.
I just wonder how they come up with a figure like $300 for excessive noise?
I personally couldn't sleep at night if i took that much money for such a minor offense off a 1 income family with 2 kids...
sick bastards.!(take a while to get my respect back)