Under the hood

1990supra

Sensei
Jan 1, 2007
tacoma
evolutionmartialartsllc.com
Just some pics of the build if anyone is interested. It was out of commission for about a year but now is running the best it has in a long time. I'm happy, so I need to show off and post pics :icon_bigg.......

supra9.jpg

supra15.jpg

supra10.jpg

supra16.jpg

supra11.jpg

supra12.jpg

supra6.jpg

supra8.jpg

supra14.jpg

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Wow, car is clean inside and out! I likes! Don't see the midnight blue MKIII too often, well I don't at least.

Is your car a hardtop? Couldn't tell from the pics.

1990supra

Sensei
Jan 1, 2007
tacoma
Thanks. ...and yes its a hard top.

Its 368rwhp right now (photos in dyno section)
and finally complete. The only thing I want to do is aftermarket suspension, but I will wait until winter probably.

I had a 03 Blazer as a daily, but things started breaking in it and I was torn between throwing money into the Blazer and staring at a Supra that wouldn't run, or just selling the Blazer to fix the Supra and buy a beater for a daily. I chose the later, cause I love my Supra. The only bad part is I have been driving it as a daily since it has been running :aigo:, although thats only been a little over a week now.

...but good news I think. I found a gen 1 Celica-Supra on Craig's List for 1100. I'm confident I can talk her down if its not worth it, but judging by photos its pretty clean. I've heard that 5mge's are easy to swap into them, and I bet a 7mge or 7mgte swap would be possible, and fun. I know lots of ppl think gen 1's are ugly, but I like them and may get one as a daily driver tomorrow :icon_bigg .

Here's a photo of it-
3nd3kb3of5O25Qe5Sc98md4cd46eadc3c14d9.jpg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
1990supra;1391851 said:
I've heard that 5mge's are easy to swap into them, and I bet a 7mge or 7mgte swap would be possible, and fun. I know lots of ppl think gen 1's are ugly, but I like them and may get one as a daily driver tomorrow :icon_bigg .

Here's a photo of it-
3nd3kb3of5O25Qe5Sc98md4cd46eadc3c14d9.jpg

But I thought you were looking for a beater for a daily. That's another project it sounds like to me.

That car looks very good! It's no MKIII, and is not really fast at all. I still love them, as they are part of the family.

1990supra

Sensei
Jan 1, 2007
tacoma
ForcedTorque;1392034 said:
But I thought you were looking for a beater for a daily. That's another project it sounds like to me.

That car looks very good! It's no MKIII, and is not really fast at all. I still love them, as they are part of the family.

They are light as hell though in comparison to the MKIII. I think even with a non-turbo 7m swapped in it would be pretty quick, and from what I've researched isn't that hard or super expensive. I would probably need to change the tranny too.
A 7m with a ported head, and a good exhaust system should make that thing fly!