Ubcscc auto x. Jan. 22. pitt meadows.

soup

fiend
Apr 4, 2005
Vancouver
Hey guys,
I just went to my first auto x event this past weekend and had a freaking blast. check out the club website, come out and toss your car around some corners and kill some cones. I personally took out a good half dozen...
Something to note is that sound can be an issue... my car is balls loud with an open wastegate. I don't suggest you come out if you have the same. I got warned and asked to not try and launch. Other than that, everyone there is really nice and helpful.there are senior drivers that ride along with you and give good feedback. Helmets are required, but they do have quite a few loaners. I didn't get lice, I'll chance it again on the 22nd.
Hope to see you there.
Tosh

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Yeah, my buddies with a Skyline and 240sx SR20 swap were very much entertaining the thought of showing up too. You got a link to more info?

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
I see a civic in the results list, maybe I should come with the Celica and give it a run! :icon_razz

You've got a pic up on their forums too if you look for the pics of the Jan 8 event too :)

Last edited:

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Nice shot! I'm still trying to work out an oil burning issue with my car, otherwise I'd be there in an instant. At this rate it may get rebuilt or swapped in for a different used one....sucks just buying the car a month and a half ago and having this happen :( It's going through 1L of oil every 500km :(

soup

fiend
Apr 4, 2005
Vancouver
I haven't shown up before 830 yet. I won't be at another event until I get my wastegate plumbed in. anyone have a favorite fabricator?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
soup;1800256 said:
I haven't shown up before 830 yet. I won't be at another event until I get my wastegate plumbed in. anyone have a favorite fabricator?
Well, I was going to go to this, but it evidently sold out before I could sign up. Also, no on-site sign up... that sucks. Maybe the next one...

soup

fiend
Apr 4, 2005
Vancouver
Ah man.sorry to hear that, dave. Did you go all the way out there for nothing? My buddy was telling me it was packed and ppl showed up at the gates in hopes of getting a spot. dry days are popular...did you stay and watch a bit? I'll let you know when sign up got the next event opens. Rumor had it its going to be a double pad event again.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
No, the online signup told me that I was only on the waiting list, and that I would be contacted if there was a space. However, I *did* get up at 6am and check my email / hover over my phone until 7:45. After that, it didn't matter, I can't drive out there in time anyway. So I went back to bed!

At least I cleaned the car the day before.

soup

fiend
Apr 4, 2005
Vancouver
I can only assume you told the wife you were going to the autox and went out for a nice sunny sunday cruise anyways right?
Work on the truck didn't go so well. One of the seals I ordered was 2mm too big! hopefully the new one fits.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
No, as soon as I did get up, she had a nice 'little' honey do list going.

I did manage to get to the mall and buy some proper snow boots for both munchkins so I can take 'em tobogganing at Seymour without worrying about frostbitten little toes.