Two questions

Shazzy

Dec 20, 2011
Texas
I was changing my valve cover gaskets and bolts today, and came across two things.

I did search

p1825184_1.jpg

For red arrow, what the hell is that for? Where does it go? That was from the previous owner. There's more things plugged up like that too.

Now for the green arrow pointing to that hose, I've searched and found that it's a 7/8" hose. But that size is hard to find and is expensive from the dealer. I also came across a thread that a guy took a 3/4" hose and heated it to let it fit. Would the size difference between the 3/4" and 7/8" affect anything? It cracked as I removed it and the whole hose is completely hard.

Any help is appreciated thanks.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
The red arrow looks like its pointing to the breather hose for the iac, if you're having an idle issure this could be causing it. or it could be the coolant line that runs through the throttle body and iac from underneath the intake mani.

Shazzy

Dec 20, 2011
Texas
Now that you mention it, my car does have issues idling when starting after sitting for some time. Could this be related? I could remove that bolt but I don't know what used to go there, or why its plugged in the first place for that matter.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Definately looks like the hose for the IAC... Some genious probably couldn't get it to idle right and just messed with the set screw on the throttle body and plugged it off.

That other hose, yep, dealer item...

Shazzy

Dec 20, 2011
Texas
Interesting...How do I fix that?

And for the hose, how much does that cost from the dealer do you think? I've heard it is pricey

Shazzy

Dec 20, 2011
Texas
Justin;1825234 said:
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291210/catalog.aspx?F=1201&P=2

12263-42010

I actually had that window open when I read your post. The hose on mine was so dry I cracked/broke it when I pulled the valve cover off.

There's dealer who gives SupraForums members cost+10% or something to that effect, Probably would only be $20 or so.
That's the freaking diagram I've been trying to look for! I knew there was something in the TSRM but I couldn't find it. Thanks dude! That's the exact same thing that happened to me. It broke when I pulled the cover off and that's when I felt the hose and realized it was beyond gone. I just did a search at my local dealer, 45 bucks..Time to go hunting for that dealer..

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
Shazzy;1825242 said:
That's the freaking diagram I've been trying to look for! I knew there was something in the TSRM but I couldn't find it. Thanks dude! That's the exact same thing that happened to me. It broke when I pulled the cover off and that's when I felt the hose and realized it was beyond gone. I just did a search at my local dealer, 45 bucks..Time to go hunting for that dealer..

Champion/Jay Marks on SF.

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
Hey that hose with the red arrow is the iac valve hose it goes to the intake accordion hose. The green one is a dealer item hose give a call to Jay marks toyota world in Houston, tx mention the supra discount to get a discount. Here is the number 800-327-2087. Good luck and if you have any questions ask away.

Shazzy

Dec 20, 2011
Texas
Justin;1825248 said:
Champion/Jay Marks on SF.
Thank you for your help.

wardog;1825255 said:
Hey that hose with the red arrow is the iac valve hose it goes to the intake accordion hose. The green one is a dealer item hose give a call to Jay marks toyota world in Houston, tx mention the supra discount to get a discount. Here is the number 800-327-2087. Good luck and if you have any questions ask away.
Thanks. That explains why my accordion hose also has plugs on it... I need to see how the IAC is supposed to be hooked up. My accordion hose has plugs on everything but the PCV actually. I wonder why the previous owner did that. Luckily my Supra isn't my daily lol

90mkiiisupra400hp

Mar 20, 2011
Gardiner, Maine
The stock bypass valve recirculates air from the 3000 pipe to the accordion hose, then the line from the IACV goes through a metal pipe over the valve covers and into the accordion hose. Then just the PCV hose which you said was already hooked up. Then IIRC, there is a small vacuum line that goes on the accordion hose to the power steering rack.

Shazzy

Dec 20, 2011
Texas
Is having my IACV valve plugged like that hurting my car? It has no ill effects from what I've noticed other than a rough idle when cold. Cold start injector seems to be working though.