twin turbo 7m ?'s

mk3 for life!

Project Soupracharged
im gonna be going twin with a 7m soon and i dont know much about these numbers, i tried searchin for somethin that would give me an idea but cudnt find nothin, i want about 500+ rwhp i just need to know what rpm range two of these would work best at

compressor
52mm inducer/68mm exducer 58 trim/.64ar
inlet 60mm/outlet 50mm

turbine
55mm inducer/68mm exducer 65 trim/.68ar
outlet 66mm

if some one could explain these numbers to me and what increasing them does performance wise and to the parts themselves, or just hook me up with a site that tells me, it would be greatly appreciated. thank you for you input

midniterider

Nov 16, 2005
san jose
ummm they have this on one of the toyota engine in japan. The problem you will come across is that a valve that direct air from the supercharge and turbo. Supercharge engage at low rpm and at high rpm it disengage and the turbo take over so the valve have to open and close accordingly.

PowerTrip Performance

Custom Fabrication
Dec 5, 2005
Oregon
www.myspace.com
mk3 for life! said:
im gonna be going twin with a 7m soon and i dont know much about these numbers, i tried searchin for somethin that would give me an idea but cudnt find nothin, i want about 500+ rwhp i just need to know what rpm range two of these would work best at

compressor
52mm inducer/68mm exducer 58 trim/.64ar
inlet 60mm/outlet 50mm

turbine
55mm inducer/68mm exducer 65 trim/.68ar
outlet 66mm

if some one could explain these numbers to me and what increasing them does performance wise and to the parts themselves, or just hook me up with a site that tells me, it would be greatly appreciated. thank you for you input

Let me know when you need the manifold to run those twinzies, I'll work you a good deal.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
arg.... are you talking twin turbos, or twincharging? What you have listed there looks to me like the compressor and turbine side of a single turbo charger. Are you wanting to run twins of that turbo?

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
midniterider said:
ummm they have this on one of the toyota engine in japan. The problem you will come across is that a valve that direct air from the supercharge and turbo. Supercharge engage at low rpm and at high rpm it disengage and the turbo take over so the valve have to open and close accordingly.

You don't need to direct the airflow. Plumb the turbo into the supercharger. Twincharging at its finest.

I'm not sure that's what the OP is talking about, though... I think he's wanting to run twins of the turbo he's shown.

To the OP, I need to know what designation turbo this is. I can't just pull a compressor map off the size of the compressor wheel - too many variables at play (size of housing, blade pitch, number of blades, etc)

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
If I was doing this, I would look into using a pair of 14B's off of a 1G 5spd DSM.
Cheap and effective (pending specs and a compressor map, they should work beautifully)
If they're good enough to get a 1G into the 12's...

Last edited:

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
The TD05H-14b (the beastie on the 1st gen Eclipse) is rated @ 430cfm @ 2.0pr

The TD05H-16g (a VERY common upgrade to the 14b) is rated @ 520cfm @ 2.0pr

That said, if you want 500hp from a twin setup, you will need approx 800cfm (average I've seen is about 1.6cubic feet of air needed for 1 hp).

Twin 14bs will do that, with little problems. You'll be good up to around 20psi of boost from both. If that's not enough power, you can upgrade to twin 16gs for even more oomph.