Turn signals randomly stop working

noimitation

May 18, 2009
Gaithersburg
So heres the story. I was doing my normal commute from work to school and came across a steep hill (supra is a 1987 turbo manual). As soon as the light turns green, a do a slight roll back and my wheels start to spin on 1st, and i stop the car (1st time this has ever happened). I flick the hazards on with no problem and pull to the sholder when i notice my turn signals no longer work even even after i completely shut the car off. Car seems to run fine besides the turn signal issue. Im not sure if it helps but i also have a viper 5002 alarm system professionaly installed. :1zhelp: . Thanks in advance

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Do the emergency flashers still work? Turn signals won't work if the switch for the emergency flashers is disconnected, so I'd assume if it got fried they would stop working as well.

But the first thing to check....fuses.

noimitation

May 18, 2009
Gaithersburg
Poodles;1402870 said:
Do the emergency flashers still work? Turn signals won't work if the switch for the emergency flashers is disconnected, so I'd assume if it got fried they would stop working as well.

But the first thing to check....fuses.

that's where im confused. For some reason the emergency lights still work. What is even stranger to me is the fact that the turn signals dont work on the dash either and the burnt out bulb light on the dash isnt on...

noimitation

May 18, 2009
Gaithersburg
Aww man, things get stranger by the min. After about an hour, i start driving the car and the turn signals work!!! im completely lost, im thinking it has something to do with the viper alarm system installation. Im gona stop by the viper installers and have them look into it.