turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
What do you want from the car; a street car/daily driver, track car, drag car, show car, dyno queen, or somewhere in between some of these? This will help determine what you want out of a turbo; reliability, quick spool, more flow, t4 setup, ct-26 direct replacement, or just an upgraded ct?

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
this one

p1504946_1.jpg

0404-0503-ships4.jpg

supra2jz

Aug 3, 2009
los angeles
Scruggs86.5T;1504932 said:
What do you want from the car; a street car/daily driver, track car, drag car, show car, dyno queen, or somewhere in between some of these? This will help determine what you want out of a turbo; reliability, quick spool, more flow, t4 setup, ct-26 direct replacement, or just an upgraded ct?

well im looking towards a street car/daily driver, something i can have fun driving and that could put out other cars.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
supra2jz;1505127 said:
well im looking towards a street car/daily driver, something i can have fun driving and that could put out other cars.

Still to broad man.....do you even know what you want?

Do you want to beat a geo metro or a lambo? Do you realize that a turbo alone won't give you power...you need the fuel and the tuning to make it work...are you prepared to spend $$$$'s to get to the power you want?

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
gaboonviper85;1505145 said:

Do you want to beat a geo metro or a lambo? Do you realize that a turbo alone won't give you power...you need the fuel and the tuning to make it work...are you prepared to spend $$$$'s to get to the power you want?

QFT. No such thing as a "Best turbo" and you gotta pay to play.

supra2jz

Aug 3, 2009
los angeles
gaboonviper85;1505145 said:

well i know that turbo alone won't give all the power but, it does contribute. Im pretty new to all this i love supras but dont know everything (i know the basics) so it will help if u guys help me out. amount of money i would need, modifications i could put... etc.
Thanks

Last edited:

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
supra2jz;1505166 said:
well i know that turbo alone won't give all the power but, it does contribute. Im pretty new to all this i love supras but dont know everything (i know the basics) so it will help if u guys help me out. amount of money i would need modifications i could put... etc.

no matter what turbo you run you will not gain power at all unless you upgrade electronics and fuel....instead all the turbo will do is cause you fuel cut....

We can't begin to help you untill you tell us exactly how you want the car to behave, is turbo lag an issue for you, how much money are you willing to spend, has your motor been built to handle your power goals, are you still on a stock headgasket, do you plan to run a piggyback or standalone efi computer, what are your horse power goals for the near future, what are your long term realistic goals, have you driven a car with 400hp before,

Dude come on....we are trying to help you but right now your question makes as much sense as this one: "is it further to Chicago or by bus?"

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
You definitely need to figure out what you want out of the car, from what it sounds like you want something very street able with a good bit of power. For these cars your looking at weight as the main problem that will hold you back. This means that power needs to be higher to compensate for weight. I would think that somewhere around 450-500 would be your goal, too much higher than that and I think the car gets to a point where you wouldn't want to drive it daily. Keep in mind that 500hp is a lot, I would call this your upper limit for a street able daily driver. With that being said you should start searching through the forum on what is needed to obtain around 600hp, this way you are building a car that is reliable enough to handle 600+hp and only running in the mid to high 400hp. Back to the pyramid saying again. There is reliable, cheap, and powerful, you can only pick two. This part is up to you. Amount of money you might spend getting to 450hp depending on how good you want the car to look and how reliable you want it to be could be anywhere from 5,000- 20,000. The more you put in the more you will get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.