turbo won't start

sterlingae

Jun 11, 2007
Austin, TX
87 black supra apexi safc i went to go start it the other day and the apexi didn't turn on but the car was turning over i was wondering if anyone has expirienced heat damage.......?

BJ91T

Aug 28, 2006
Baton Rouge LA
Well I am a little confused but I will try to help you the best that I can. First off this needs to be in the general section as this is not a buildthread. Since this was written in some form of english that I cannot understand I will do my best. Ok so the car wont start and the apexi unit wont power up.A few things need to be checked here First all the wiring connected to the apexi sounds to me like its got a loose connection somewhere. If that gets power and the car still wont start check your Coil pack connection,CPS connection,Check for codes,Ignitor ground and plugs,Coil pack ground etc... Now you asked if anyone has ever experienced heat damage I assume you mean to wires under the hood if so yes happens all the time keep wires away from extreme heat. Not trying to be an ass here but search,and search again then compose a well thought out question and make a thread for it in the proper section and you wont get the treatment of a newbie.

sterlingae

Jun 11, 2007
Austin, TX
i tried to get some codes from the ecu but the engine light does not blink...., coilpacks are grounded, scragly coilpack harness, my injector wiring harness is scragly as well as my o2 harness, cps little rough, i might have shorted my igniter idk im a newb with ohm meters......., i was wondering damage to the unit itself not the harness.....

BJ91T

Aug 28, 2006
Baton Rouge LA
OK sounds to me like your Main engine harness is in dire need of a makeover (its all one peice not seperate harnesses for individual components). Go check your EFI fuse in the underhood fuse box see if that helps :)

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Sounds to me like you did a poor job of hooking up your safc. I hope you soldered every thing in, and just didn't twist wires together.

You need to go back through, and hook up the harness back to stock, and remove the safc.

See if the car now runs.

If it does, you have the safc installed wrong, or its blown.

sterlingae

Jun 11, 2007
Austin, TX
i took out the apexi because it wouldn't illuminate, i soldered everything back together , i havnt ever had a solder inspeced by anyone but i think i did it correctly...... a few of the clips on my coilpack harness are all broken and fragile could those clips short causing it not to start? also i thought the check engine light for the engine codes is soppsed to blink .25 sec. for no malfunction my engine light doesn't blink ............

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
if the check engine light doesnt come on when you turn the key, nor does it blink w/ the TE1 and E1 jumpered, that means you have no power to the ecu. could be the EFI fuse, or the wiring. not much else it could be. the afc is also tap'd into the power wire going to the ecu, so that would explain why it doesnt come on either.

also, wrong section. have a mod move it for you to the right section.

sterlingae

Jun 11, 2007
Austin, TX
i was outside looking at my car and i noticed a wire from the cps was broken:cry: yellow wire crush clamped to 3 other wires, what would be the best way to fix the wires?

sterlingae

Jun 11, 2007
Austin, TX
i started the hoe today :aigo: i didnt have my ign fuse in:3d_frown: i think my plugs may be fouled i can only rev to 3k, vids soon!
EDIT: my cel works now no codes!!!

sterlingae

Jun 11, 2007
Austin, TX
BUMP :aigo: tracked her wed. night 16.2 at 85mph, was fluttering at hi rpms two of my wires were shot and my tranny was grining into gear, replaced the wires runs WAY BETTER, i read somewhere when you get clutch fluid inside on the carpet its a master cylinder??