Turbo Timer

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
5 minutes is a bit excessive. I only ran mine for 2 - unless I was just coming off a 12 hour drive on my way to Vegas.

And my favorite thing is to just put the TurboTimer out in the open so anyone can see it. Mine is hidden. A thief wouldn't know why the car was still running and wouldn't know to keep the parking brake up a notch to keep the thing from shutting down.

IJ is correct... these are only necessary occasionally - and technically putting a timer to keep the oil pump running would be just as good as keeping the engine running. I'd actually love to have a pre-oiler on my car to start circulating oil before I started the engine.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
One of these would do the trick Keith, I'm using mine as a scavenge pump for the Turbo but they'll make 60psi and would be perfect for a preoilier.

lsx176.jpg

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
Aside from all the debate about whether or not it's necessary the OP asked which one people have/like/recommend.

I happen to love my Blitz DTT. Turbo timer and boost gauge in one product, small display screen with very long lead to the main box for easy placement (I've got mine where the headlight spray button was). I think I paid $115 shipped with the pnp harness and it took maybe 30 minutes to install.

I used to have the Greddy TT but it died on me (bought it used and it lasted 3 years for me). The buttons on the Greddy are a pain, but it does it's job.

Last edited: