turbo timer harness

boosted2085

I was spoolin :(
Mar 1, 2009
houston,tx
i turned my car on for a little bit when i went to turn it off my ignition cylinder was hot i have the tt harness between the ign and the ecu.i took off the harness and relized the ign side was hotter than the ecu side.does anybody know why this happend?..oh yeah and none of the wires are spliced or touching other wires

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
boosted2085;1307633 said:
i turned my car on for a little bit when i went to turn it off my ignition cylinder was hot i have the tt harness between the ign and the ecu.i took off the harness and relized the ign side was hotter than the ecu side.does anybody know why this happend?..oh yeah and none of the wires are spliced or touching other wires

I am sure you wired up everything correctly. People in the past have burnt their harness and many people won't use turbo timers. Do you have a wiring diagram, I am wondering if that wire stays hot* the whole time, or if it should not be wired to be hot the whole time, a diagram would help.

<Also what type of turbo timer do you have>

boosted2085

I was spoolin :(
Mar 1, 2009
houston,tx
Its a greddy turbo timer,i think one of them picks up a current to make the time go up depending on rpms...but ive never felt the harness warm,but the ign cylinder was way hot...ill try to find the diagram i used because the manual was in chinese