turbo timer crash/failure...

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
so, i knew it would happen @ some point. i run turbo timers in most of my cars, even NA ones (makes it easier if you want to hop out quick or great for warm up in the winter...). yesterday i fired up my MX-6 and set the TT (blitz FATT DC2) to 10 min to let it warm up enough to retime it.....i then got stuck doing other things and didn't get back out to it for 4h or so....only to find the car still running! the TT was stock @ 1 min 40 sec. my best guess is the SW in the TT got stuck or just errored out, seems to be fine afterward. not like it's a huge deal, but still scary....and it's no good for a car to idle for 4h straight. moral of the story? be careful!

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
My supra ran for 8 hour straight overnight. I forgot it was on (before I had a turbo timer). Smelled horrible when I went out to turn it off. Like raw fuel. Car was ok though

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
My tt is in the ashtray bin with my evc which is always on. I have noticed, this summer, if my tt is on during driving and I shut it off with the tt set, it will continuously idle and not shut off. However, if I leave the tt off during driving then power it on when I stop and set to desired time, it will work correctly. Some kind of heat issue I suspect.

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
drjonez said:
and it's no good for a car to idle for 4h straight. !

other than possible overheat. whats wrong with it accidentally or on purpose, running for hours? thx