turbo spools and reads +boost but car dosent pull

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
When I put my new turbo on I did everything but redo the exhaust. My car did the exact same thing. It wouldn't get above 4lbs and it was screaming. So I did a full 3" mandrel bent exhaust with a new cat and a flomaster. And that solved all my problems.

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
Ive got 3" DP Test cat, exhaust all the way back to a 40 series flowmaster, mine will max out the stock boost gague just no pull, im going to check the timing when it stops raining.

BOOSTEDSUPRA

THE DRIVELINE GUY
Jan 4, 2007
turlock, calif
mine did same thing. and i had same codes. code 52 is murder on your boost/power. you can spool till armageddon, and it wont do a dang thing but hiss at ya. fix that code. re wire is not difficult, but a pain, if i had known shaeff made a re wire kit, i would have gotten it. its worth the 60 bucks to not monkey fuk with it.

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
Im a 12v doctor, so im used to rewires and such, good to hear you had the same problem,
like you said "spool till armageddon, and it wont do a dang thing but hiss at ya."
I was gonna do the rewire today but that damn hurricane spoiled any chances.

BOOSTEDSUPRA

THE DRIVELINE GUY
Jan 4, 2007
turlock, calif
jessemkiiis;1447847 said:
Im a 12v doctor, so im used to rewires and such, good to hear you had the same problem,
like you said "spool till armageddon, and it wont do a dang thing but hiss at ya."
I was gonna do the rewire today but that damn hurricane spoiled any chances.

ah this should be a breeze for ya then. :evil2: pm me or post here with the results. i was hella surprised as to the power difference when i fixed mine. hope all is ok with the hurricane. :runaway::(

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
yeah I made my rewire kit today at work, now all I needis some time and decent weather.
as far as the hurricane pretty much all we got is hella rain and wind.
I hoping for a very smooth power curve, nothing wild just capable.

BOOSTEDSUPRA

THE DRIVELINE GUY
Jan 4, 2007
turlock, calif
jessemkiiis;1448817 said:
yeah I made my rewire kit today at work, now all I needis some time and decent weather.
as far as the hurricane pretty much all we got is hella rain and wind.
I hoping for a very smooth power curve, nothing wild just capable.

how did it go? did you get it rewired?!?!?

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
come on man... what's the update?..lol. I got that 3rd person ready haha. Oh and my lonely foglight told me it wants to stay on my shelf until I find it's passenger side buddy...:evil2:

Don't feel too bad, I figured out my fuel pump is pretty much on the going out stage..so I'm sure yours is faster than mine. Let's be sure to go though, before my Walbro gets here :icon_bigg

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
no not yet, Ive had alot goin on lately.
it'll be the first thing I do tomarrow. while im at it im going to bypass my j tube, and set my timing. Im almost 100% positive that this is gonna fix my problem. if not I have two extra knock sensors.

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
jessemkiiis;1452215 said:
no not yet, Ive had alot goin on lately.
it'll be the first thing I do tomarrow. while im at it im going to bypass my j tube, and set my timing. Im almost 100% positive that this is gonna fix my problem. if not I have two extra knock sensors.

LOL I was just teasing man. Just trying to give ya a grin cuz I know this crap is irritating. What are you gonna do to bypass the J tube ?