Turbo removal

RedDogOIF

RedDogOIF
Nov 21, 2006
Elk Grove
Okay so far I removed the bolts from the exhaust elbow to turbo, the nuts from the turbo to manifold, all hoses, the line that goes to the engine with the bolt with a hole in it, the stays, and one nut off the big oil line from engine to turbo. I can't get the other one off. From where I'm at could someone tell me how to get the turbo off please, the intake was easy compared to this side. Thanks

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
RedDogOIF said:
The accordian style oil tube is the one halting my progress.

Make sure you pull these from the block... I have big arms and hands. You will laugh but I laid across the engine from the drivers side and used a socket wrench. I have to give credit where its due a local supra owner told me to get gear wrenches and make a 14 mm wrench my best friend. Squid69 was right and I try to give him stuff to get him to stop by but he is too busy.

You need to use what works for you. A swivel on the socket with a bit of extension will work.

I also HIGHLY suggest getting the braided lines from MDC here or somebody who is still making them. Life is good with the braided lines.

V

RedDogOIF

RedDogOIF
Nov 21, 2006
Elk Grove
That sounds about right, I do need to invest in a nice set of gear wrenches( as I found out when I started how nice they would be). Thanks for the input.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Gear wrenches cut your Turbo removal time to about 25%.

The bolts on the oil return line are just a matter of greasing up your arms, sliding them down past the turbo, and getting exactly the right length of extensions combo'd up.