Turbo A ECU

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
I got my Turbo A ECU today along with the Map sensor.

The Map sensor from the turbo A is a boost pressure sensor with the same part # as the boost pressure sensor I have in my car now. I am getting advice from the guy I bought it from (Jose Maseo) and the guys from the Turbo A forums in Australlia.

I found the map sensor pin in the ECU but my question is.... what wire from the Map sensor would go there? and where do the other 2 go? If i find the answers I will let you all know, but if any of you know how the Turbo pressure sensor works or where the wires go in a stock MKIII that might help.

Like: does one of the wires go to the Stock boost guage? does one go to power? or Ground? This may help me figure this out.
If any of you understood that and can help me.... Thanks in advance!!!!

VanSupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Van,B.C.
Tim, can you post or send me some pics of your set up? I'm curious about this aswell as I'll be doing the same thing shortly. My harness is supposed to be complete. Maybe I can compare it to what I have and possibly help figure it out.

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
drjonez said:
any MAP sensor needs 5V + gnd. i'd talk to the turbo A guys.

don't forget to wire in the intake air temp sensor in the back of the manifold....

Adam: Do you know if am to pin the IATS to the ECU? Do you know what Pin this is?
Let me know on this.... The Turbo A guys seem very Lazy and not to damn smart when it come to anything but Driving their turbo A's

The turbo pressure sensor in a standard MKIII only controls the boost gauge. Nothing else.
This is the Turbo A Map sensor as well.... The Turbo A guy have confirmed that....

Tim, can you post or send me some pics of your set up? I'm curious about this aswell as I'll be doing the same thing shortly. My harness is supposed to be complete. Maybe I can compare it to what I have and possibly help figure it out

I will get you as much info as I can. My car is still down right now but when I get it up and going I will let you know!!! Are you getting the Turbo A ECU or do you have something else in mind? Let me know!!!

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
i don't know any of the pinouts of the turbo A ECU, but i'd love to figure it out. a starting point would be the apexi SAFC diagrams- they have a special diagram of the turbo A ECU. it's prob a safe guess all of the AFM inputs are used between the MAP and the IAT. LMK what you find out and if there's anything else i can do....

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
thats where I found the MAP signal!!!! The Diagran used is 5a and thats the same one I used when i hooked up my 89, So they should be the same except for that map pin then right?

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
its possible it uses the same input wire, just the SAFC needs reconfiguerd for a PR-1 instead of karmann input.

you lucky bastard, i want to do a Turbo A build up. i actually want to replicate the Group A competition car that was sponsored by Minolta... for historical purposes and such.

i wish i could finds omeone w/ Gp.A cams to have them measured and degreed, then i can replicate them so i have Gp.A power output. granted, itll be a replica, but itd look the shit. call me ricer, but itd be more legitmate if i started out w/ a Turbo A powertrain ;)

btw, look at the boost guage pinout from the sensor. the turbo sensor will have the voltage input, ground and signal return wire. when you find which are power and ground, process of elimination dictates that the 3rd wire will be your pressure signal wire for your ECU

turboa7mgte

HECK YES I DID!!!
Mar 30, 2005
Delavan, WI.
flubyux2 said:
its possible it uses the same input wire, just the SAFC needs reconfiguerd for a PR-1 instead of karmann input.

you lucky bastard, i want to do a Turbo A build up. i actually want to replicate the Group A competition car that was sponsored by Minolta... for historical purposes and such.

btw, look at the boost guage pinout from the sensor. the turbo sensor will have the voltage input, ground and signal return wire. when you find which are power and ground, process of elimination dictates that the 3rd wire will be your pressure signal wire for your ECU

It looks as though I will have to Pin the Turbo A ECU for the Map Signal....

The Turbo A guys are starting to wake up and Give me some good pics of there Engine bays so i can see what is going on.
They say the Map sensor is the orange thing on the firewall behind the TB. her is a link to the pics. http://www.wubah.com/car/ he is getting me more later.

So for the +12 volt and Ground, Could I just tap into the Boost pressure sensor? or should i just run the power and the ground to the ECU?

I just got Block today so I am kind far off from doing any of this, Well... for a few weeks anyway. But I would like to have it planned and mapped out ahead of time.

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
yeah, you may want to just put the map sensor onto the stock boost guage wiring. then splice the boost guage sensor signal wire nto the karmann signal wire for the ecu. that way, the stock karmann signal wire fong to the ECU will carry the 5v pressure signal to the ECU with minimal hassle.

Jonezy... maybe you should snag those cams if they are available and do some research. chuck them up in a lathe w/ a degree wheel and dial indicator and take some measurements. then we could get an idea of what cams are closest to the Gp.A. grinds. and, if it ever comes down to it, i could take the cams off your hands later on ;) and as far as putting them in a street car... i think the concern is to not put them in a DAILY car... a STREET Car can be an entirely different animal. afterall, im not sure putting a T88 on my car is going to dub it non-streetable :D

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
and as far as putting them in a street car... i think the concern is to not put them in a DAILY car... a STREET Car can be an entirely different animal. afterall, im not sure putting a T88 on my car is going to dub it non-streetable

If you are expecting to operate a car on the street, racing car camshafts are not the ones you install in it. Don't take my word for it though, go ahead and try some group A cams in your car. They aren't that hard to find.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
drjonez said:
i HIGHLY doubt the MAP sensor needs 12V, most run on 5V. i'd confirm that w/the turbo A guys before you fry it....

I agree. I have NEVER seen a map sensor that runs off a 12 volt reference signal.

VanSupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Van,B.C.
chevyeater said:
If you are expecting to operate a car on the street, racing car camshafts are not the ones you install in it. Don't take my word for it though, go ahead and try some group A cams in your car. They aren't that hard to find.

Hey chevyeater, you say you can get the group A cams how much are they and can I get a set? lmk

Thanks.

NATAN666

yarrrrr
Apr 4, 2005
BC
user.dccnet.com
ummmmmmmmm didnt they only make 8 group a cars? therfore there are only sixteen cams in existence... most of which are probably broken or worn to shit or in the two remaining cars?