Turbo 57 trim civic.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Took a friend out to dinner and on the way back to her place a little 1g dsm rolls up next to me and asks if i want to race. I look at his car and wonder why he is asking and tell him i dont want to on a city street. So he tells me his friend has a civic and we'd race just out of town. So i get interested and say screw it. Follow him home and find its an old acquaintance that owns this 96 civic hatch thats been stripped down on the inside and turbo'd w/ a 57 trim t3 turbo, tubular headers, bigger injectors and a nice front mount running ~9 psi. So i say OK im interested.

We drive about 10 min out of town w/ two integras trailing behind as lookouts and we set up for the first run from a stop. This run the owner of the car drives. We launch even but i pull half a car by 30 and hold it clear to 60 and pull about two car lengths by 80 and couldnt gain more by 120.

We go back and he says he wants to go again w/ a different driver and he turns it up to 12 psi. So we launch again but i dont boost off the line this time and he gets a car on me, by 30 i start to creep up on him to 80 but he keeps half a car on me. At around 100 something goes wrong and his car drifts away to the edge of the lane and shoots back at me so i let off and he goes flying into my lane about 1ft from my front bumper w/ smoke shooting out from under the car so i ride the brakes hard and we coast down to a stop.

I pull up to him and ask whats wrong and he says the steering is all fubared so we go back w/ the owner taking it easy on his car and pop the hood to hear the tranny just cackling. Had the jdm tranny w/ longer gears in the car for 3 days and he blew it. Shake hands call it a good run and i follow him home to make sure he doesn't get stranded because it just pops out 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th. Glad to say the Supra didn't skip a beat.

His car. Civic Hatch, Partially stripped interior, CF hood w/ other weight savings, t3 57 trim turbo @ 12psi. Front mount 2 core intercooler, 2'' hard pipes, Chipped ecu, Tubular headers.

Me Running mods in sig @ 4000lbs curb weight, but my copilot said the maftpro read a maximum of 10 psi which dropped down to 9 after 60 for some reason.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
the only reason i raced him him in the end is because i know the owner of the car and the driver (very good one at that). The reason his car got all sloppy is because his tranny took a shit and threw all the power to one wheel.

I just reacted in time to avoid clipping him but its all good.

mods are linked in sig. but mainly 57trim @ 9 psi, maftpro, spearco replica IC, 2.5'' hardpipes, 3'' exhst, no afm just K&N, 550's w/ supporting hardware, WB, and a FAT B&M supercooler for my a340e.