Tuner pro

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Finally got a laptop to hook up to my Maft-Pro and downloaded, I think, the files. Now the TP program says not connected to hardware? I'm a little computer challendged, probably spelling also, but I guess it is saying it isn't reconizing the M-P being hooked up? I have a adapter from seriel to USB and have changed the inputs and get the samething, can't connect to hardware.

Am I missing something or just now hooked up right?

Thanks.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
drjonez said:
c'mon people, there's something to be said for SOME legwork on your own.

this is a sticky on fullthrottletech:

http://www.mgnta.com/Documents/MAFTProSetup/Setup/
Yeah I've read that 10 times and ran a copy of it off. I also went thru the settings 4 times and still keep getting "hardware not connected". That's why I asked about missing something. The Serial to USB adaptor I got was $20.00 could it be at fault or am I missing something?

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
drjonez said:
make sure tunerpro is set to the right com port....whatever that may be with your adaptor.

have you tried updating the MAFT pro's firmware?
Yes I've downloaded the 4.89 7MGE, I guess that's the firmware it says zip file, and the Tuner-Pro RT. I've changed the plug in to all the different ports on the computor and get the same thing Hardware not connected.
The hardware they are talking about is the Maft-Pro? Or is it the downloads?

Like I said Doc I'm a little challanged with computors as I only bought one 5 yrs. ago and with life getting in the way I haven't been able to take a course. Hope you will bear with me.

Thanks Doc.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
AJ's computer knowledge is *very* limited... I agree with the issue probably being the COM port #. I suspect the adapter's set for a COM port out of Tuner Pro's range. (Can't change the COM port in my copy of TunerPro.) If this is what's going on you'll probably have to go into the Device Manager and set a different port # for the adapter (I think it needs to be 1 - 4).

AJ, you've got a PM from me.