Trying to decide on the backside for my GT40r.

porsches4lunch

Sep 11, 2007
Miami
figgie;1145000 said:
7 second cars?

from Miami? What are you doing, throwing them off the Key Biscayne bridge into the bay as that is about the highest point you got.

Let me take one guess. Double Rotories from florida...........inline with what I remember.

Seems like Garrett knows nothing about their own turbo's. I should have known!

and this tell me what? That tuners such as yourself have propagated that bullshit of using choke inducing A/R's to achieve quick spool? Last I checked, a GT35r is not a GT42. T3, T4. Glad you know the mounting pattern but what does this have to do with turbine flow capacity?

Let me guess, you also like to use cool words like "back" pressure and other words that really don't exist to communicate.

Build turbo for the car... wow! Stephen Hawking would be in awe with such a well thought out post!

Yea your right, only you know about turbos. have fun. I should have expected that much on this forum. BTW, how many race cars have you built turbos for???? Yea, i thought so. BTW, he asked about a GT40R not a GT42 for a 2JZ, which comes with a .85 A/R among others.

If you look at the precision website

http://www.precisionturbo.net/turbochargers-display.php?company_id=101795&category_id=3027

Their PT76GTS comes with a choice of .81 or .96 S Trim Turbine. I guess you know more than them as well. Supramania is lucky to have experts like you!!!!

Last edited:

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
porsches4lunch;1145020 said:
Yea your right, only you know about turbos.

I myself, know nothing about turbos. Garrett/Honeywell on the other hand.

I should have expected that much on this forum.

Apparently not. You thought that you would spew bullshit and not get called on it. Sorry. We do not operate that way. ESPECIALLY me.

BTW, how many race cars have you built turbos for????

What series? IMSA, Grand Am, Porsche Cup, SCCA Rally, Lemons (not to be confused with LeMans), NHRA, FSAE?

Yea, i thought so. BTW, he asked about a GT40R not a GT42 for a 2JZ, which comes with a .85 A/R among others.

Congratualtions. Now don't back pedal. I was not responding to the OP. I was responding to YOUR post hence me quoting your post. NOT his.

If you look at the precision website

http://www.precisionturbo.net/turbochargers-display.php?company_id=101795&category_id=3027

Their PT76GTS comes with a choice of .81 or .96 S Trim Turbine. I guess you know more than them as well. Supramania is lucky to have experts like you!!!!

One of the many vendors that rebadges Garrett Turbos with thier own moniker. Supramania is infact lucky to have expert like me, question dud recommendation like yours to prevent misinformation from spreading more than what it has.

porsches4lunch

Sep 11, 2007
Miami
figgie;1145048 said:
I myself, know nothing about turbos. Garrett/Honeywell on the other hand.

I agree, Garrett, Precision, do know, finally something we agree on, you nor know, another thing we agree on.

Apparently not. You thought that you would spew bullshit and not get called on it. Sorry. We do not operate that way. ESPECIALLY me.

My Bullshit, at least i know what i am talking about, and have not stated ANYTHING that is inaccurate in ANY way. I suggested he go with the Turbine housing for the GT40R (.85) which is the default turbine it comes with and not get a bigger one? Which part of that is bullshit.

What series? IMSA, Grand Am, Porsche Cup, SCCA Rally, Lemons (not to be confused with LeMans), NHRA, FSAE?

Congratualtions. Now don't back pedal. I was not responding to the OP. I was responding to YOUR post hence me quoting your post. NOT his.

What are you talking about, i gave him my opinion then gave him an example of a PT72 (Precision) not Garret. And if you knew anything, you would know that Garrett DOES not make Precision Turbine housings.

One of the many vendors that rebadges Garrett Turbos with thier own moniker. Supramania is infact lucky to have expert like me, question dud recommendation like yours to prevent misinformation from spreading more than what it has.

OMG, you are sooooooo full of yourself. AND Full of shit. All i know is our turbos make power and break records. You, talk shit and tell people they don't know what they are talking about when you are the one that doesn't know what they are talking about. You don't even know what Garrett makes, doesn't make and what Precision makes.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
porsches4lunch;1145064 said:
OMG, you are sooooooo full of yourself. AND Full of shit. All i know is our turbos make power and break records. You, talk shit and tell people they don't know what they are talking about when you are the one that doesn't know what they are talking about. You don't even know what Garrett makes, doesn't make and what Precision makes.

Full of myself?

You mean like someone spewing that they have a 7 second car with only a .7L 3 cylinder engine with 1.21 jigawatts of powah, holding dozens of world records on being the fastest to the jupiter and back? That, full of myself?

Nah. There is not enough room in this planet to to hold your ego with my measily attempt at being full of myself. Not even close. ;)

On that note. I depart from this fun filled thread.

porsches4lunch

Sep 11, 2007
Miami
figgie;1145077 said:
Full of myself?

You mean like someone spewing that they have a 7 second car with only a .7L 3 cylinder engine with 1.21 jigawatts of powah, holding dozens of world records on being the fastest to the jupiter and back? That, full of myself?

Nah. There is not enough room in this planet to to hold your ego with my measily attempt at being full of myself. Not even close. ;)

On that note. I depart from this fun filled thread.

I notice you didn't offer any facts just opinions. talk about full of yourself. If you even bothered to look at our web page you would see our customers cars (not ours) that run 7 seconds. You start flaming with your opinion and offer NO FACTS just BULLSHIT as usual. And as usual only you know the truth, how insightful.

porsches4lunch

Sep 11, 2007
Miami
IJ.;1145217 said:
That is offensive enough in itself for me to question why are you here at all?

Really??? His comment to me was not offensive? Ok I guess i don't see what i did wrong from the beginning? I made a suggestions and got told i was full of shit? Come on....

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
This website as a whole is as good as anyone could ever hope for, but as individuals, sometimes people clash. I'd just drop it before it goes any further......no harm, no foul.

porsches4lunch

Sep 11, 2007
Miami
figgie;1145000 said:
7 second cars?

from Miami? What are you doing, throwing them off the Key Biscayne bridge into the bay as that is about the highest point you got.

Let me take one guess. Double Rotories from florida...........inline with what I remember.

Seems like Garrett knows nothing about their own turbo's. I should have known!

and this tell me what? That tuners such as yourself have propagated that bullshit of using choke inducing A/R's to achieve quick spool? Last I checked, a GT35r is not a GT42. T3, T4. Glad you know the mounting pattern but what does this have to do with turbine flow capacity?

Let me guess, you also like to use cool words like "back" pressure and other words that really don't exist to communicate.

Build turbo for the car... wow! Stephen Hawking would be in awe with such a well thought out post!

IJ.;1145244 said:
All I said was YOUR specific post offended me.

I'm not getting into or taking sides in the argument.

i apologize if i offended you, that was not my intention.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I've just done the whole "musical turbine housing" thing with my T04z and can understand Figgie's PoV 100% and wouldn't run a mismatch again.

a 42 with a tight AR while it may work on a low capacity engine will be a surging/choking horrible thing in normal use (ie: NOT steady state output like a drag car)

You need to keep in mind the average use of a car when speccing a combination as what is acceptable/works on a race track is often VERY different to what's needed for a road car.

porsches4lunch

Sep 11, 2007
Miami
IJ.;1145256 said:
I've just done the whole "musical turbine housing" thing with my T04z and can understand Figgie's PoV 100% and wouldn't run a mismatch again.

a 42 with a tight AR while it may work on a low capacity engine will be a surging/choking horrible thing in normal use (ie: NOT steady state output like a drag car)

You need to keep in mind the average use of a car when speccing a combination as what is acceptable/works on a race track is often VERY different to what's needed for a road car.

This website is great as it offers alot of information for anyone interested in these great cars. I will never again though offer my opinion or experience on this website. Also, if i offended anyone unintentionally, i apologize.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
porsches4lunch;1145308 said:
This website is great as it offers alot of information for anyone interested in these great cars. I will never again though offer my opinion or experience on this website. Also, if i offended anyone unintentionally, i apologize.

Sorry to hear you feel that way.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
porsches4lunch;1145308 said:

Dude, it's the internetz.........no need in getting all butt hurt over one persons opinion. I don't know you, but it makes you look like a cry baby when you post something like that. We need opinions on here, if they're educated opinions, and not like mine. I'm not allowed to offer mechanical advice, because I barely have walking around sense, but you seem to know a little sumtin sumtin about turbos, but not so much about internet pissing matches. Hopefully you'll change your mind when given the chance to help someone.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
IJ, lol me thinks someone had a bad day ;)

<---- hands IJ a chill pill

;)

I've done a 63 with a .70 housing and switching to a .58 helped a little but it's not a magical point where the turbo actually spools faster it just allows you to get in to boost faster but you still have the same point for the turbo threshold.

IE if the turbo makes instant boost at 4k no housing will change that.

I now have a 67DDB on my 2jz with 4" ex and 3" intake, I get full boost at 3900 in 3rd gear (17 PSI). In 5th i can have full boost with WG opening at about 3500-3600!

The best thing you can do is buy a QUALITY turbo. I spent 1200 on my trubo at a steller deal form a buddy although the oil seals maybe going or gone (not such a good friend) it was a QUALITY ITS DDB unit, and it spins for ever if you spin it your self... FAR cry form my original 7m setup with a t04B which barely spun when off.. (took till 5k to get full boost with .84 housing on 7m)

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Zazzn;1146874 said:
IJ, lol me thinks someone had a bad day ;)

<---- hands IJ a chill pill

;)

I've done a 63 with a .70 housing and switching to a .58 helped a little but it's not a magical point where the turbo actually spools faster it just allows you to get in to boost faster but you still have the same point for the turbo threshold.

IE if the turbo makes instant boost at 4k no housing will change that.

I now have a 67DDB on my 2jz with 4" ex and 3" intake, I get full boost at 3900 in 3rd gear (17 PSI). In 5th i can have full boost with WG opening at about 3500-3600!

The best thing you can do is buy a QUALITY turbo. I spent 1200 on my trubo at a steller deal form a buddy although the oil seals maybe going or gone (not such a good friend) it was a QUALITY ITS DDB unit, and it spins for ever if you spin it your self... FAR cry form my original 7m setup with a t04B which barely spun when off.. (took till 5k to get full boost with .84 housing on 7m)

Yup, I got a brand spanking new GT4088R on the way. Since I have no chance of beating the snow this year I am now taking my time on the selection of injectors (1000cc), Fuel Pump (leaning heavily towards a sard), exhast header (not at all sure yet but really would like an all equal length one like my 7m piece I still have, anyone wanna buy it?) and lastly engine management, (again not sure, motec, vpro or AEM. Still reading up on each of them)

porsches4lunch

Sep 11, 2007
Miami
suprahero;1146396 said:
Dude, it's the internetz.........no need in getting all butt hurt over one persons opinion. I don't know you, but it makes you look like a cry baby when you post something like that. We need opinions on here, if they're educated opinions, and not like mine. I'm not allowed to offer mechanical advice, because I barely have walking around sense, but you seem to know a little sumtin sumtin about turbos, but not so much about internet pissing matches. Hopefully you'll change your mind when given the chance to help someone.

I have read several of your threads and you seem like a Courteous person, but from what i have read:

Here's when a mod/admin steps in:

- Personal attack
- Using foul language to express your opinion
- Rude, uncalled for comments
- Talking crap in a for sale thread

Funny, it doesn't say anything about a mod steeping in and agreeing with the opinion of someone who is stifling an opinion of someone who is giving advice.

I guess you can only give advice if you have a high thread count ;) or happen to be a buddy of a mod, etc...

anyway, it doesn't really matter like i said. BTW

http://www.miketurboinc.com/customercars.html

This is just our race car customers. We will be doing a page on our street cars soon.

Ohhh here is one of our street car customers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fhn_UGxshs&feature=related

Hers is another with a 2JZ dyno pic shown

Attachments

• 2JZ Dyno.jpg
    2JZ Dyno.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 7

porsches4lunch

Sep 11, 2007
Miami
IJ.;1145256 said:

You forgot to mention the WHEEL SIZE ;)

The A/R depends on Wheels size. This is a HUGE FACTOR on the rest of the stuff. I was trying to explain myself, but was too busy being attacked.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
porsches4lunch;1148373 said:
I have read several of your threads and you seem like a Courteous person, but from what i have read:

Here's when a mod/admin steps in:

- Personal attack
- Using foul language to express your opinion
- Rude, uncalled for comments
- Talking crap in a for sale thread

Funny, it doesn't say anything about a mod steeping in and agreeing with the opinion of someone who is stifling an opinion of someone who is giving advice.

I guess you can only give advice if you have a high thread count ;) or happen to be a buddy of a mod, etc...

anyway, it doesn't really matter like i said. BTW

http://www.miketurboinc.com/customercars.html

This is just our race car customers. We will be doing a page on our street cars soon.

Ohhh here is one of our street car customers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fhn_UGxshs&feature=related

Hers is another with a 2JZ dyno pic shown

After rereading my post, it does sound like what I posted was a bit uncalled for. I usually go out of my way to avoid conflict on here since it doesn't do any good at all. I know you were just posting your opinion, but I was mainly talking about when you said you wouldn't post it again. I wasn't trying to start anything with you at all, I just didn't want to see you run off with your tail between your leg because of something somebody wrote. There's no way we can all be friends, but most of us on here are. Hopefully, this will be forgotten and you can continue to offer your opinion and advice withoug controversy............the last part may be hard to do unless you're a lot smarter than everyone else on here, and we do have some smartasses, I mean geniuses on here. I'm just a redneck with a dream, so I have to keep my opinion to myself, but one day I hope to be able to give advice too. Right now, I hardly know how to change my own oil, but I'm getting better every day.......if only I could find a funnel that would fit into that skinny tube so filling it back up would go a little faster.