trying to be a mkIII supra owner

Charles D.

Apr 29, 2011
Dallas,TX
So i was in the junk yard looking for parts for my brothers 240sx lol yea but anyway in the import section of the yard and o set my eyes on this 88 supra and i have wanted and car that was better on gas and not gay like a civic or something, so then and there i decided ima get me a badass supra later that week i tell a guy at my school about it and he so happens to be rebuilding one to sell it so yea its sooooo :eek:ffwall: mines when its done
its a turbo swap to i was also wonderin what kind of gas mileage do those get all stock?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Becoming a Supra owner is easy. Staying a Supra owner takes a lot of dedication, time, and money.

To answer your question about mileage, it really all depends on how heavy your right foot is. With the three I've had, across 4 motors, I average about 17-21mpg, NA or turbo, auto and manual setups. As they say, YMMV...

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Everyone couldn't have said it better or simpler.

Don't be afraid of the thought that you'll have to start fixing things; It's not a bad car and it's not bad quality.

It's just aging. Everyday, our cars are getting older and older - and with that - will have more standard upkeep.
Obviously the condition of what you end up buying will say a lot about your near future of ownership...
Otherwise - just be wise, do lots of research on these cars and make sure you're getting a Supra for the right reasons.

- because nothing drives me crazier than seeing a fairly good condition Supra get sold to someone, drove into the ground,
blown up, sold to someone else and getting parted out because it's now garbage. Just be smart.

And welcome to SM. ;-)

Jeff

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
yoda-do-or-do-not-there-is-no-try.jpg

Charles D.

Apr 29, 2011
Dallas,TX
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334632379.112437.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1334632403.206731.jpg All sounds true I been doing my research lurking on the forum reading up on the 7mgte and I have the title in my had for my 87 mkIII