tricky problem on my 7mge

driftsupra

Apr 1, 2012
washington
ok so i have a 87 supra with 7mge

now the problem is the car misses (and sounds like a sti) but at other times the car runs perfectly fine

so recent maitence done with the past 2k miles are
plugs /wires
distriputer cap/rotor
valve cover gaskets
intake plenum gasket

previous owner removed the emissions equipment so their is vacum lines that are not being used and wires that are now hanging ...but when i first go the car is never had any problems running just a slight miss at idle

the comprosion 0on each cylidner is
6-85 psi
5-83psi
4-85 psi
3-85psi
2-86 psi
1-65psi

so if you have any ideas it would be apresciated i will take and post a video tommorw

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Those numbers are extremely low.

But i had this same missing problem you describe and it tuned out to be a short circuit on one of the injector wires

driftsupra

Apr 1, 2012
washington
yea i know idk if itd be worth it to swap a 77mgte in to my car or just buy a turbo mk3 ..only reason i really like mine is cause its clean

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
No way that's the right compression... did you have all the plugs out to do it? I should be about 100 more PSI than that lol

LunaVyohr

Classhole
Sep 30, 2011
Paonia, Colorado
If you have an ohm meter and a volt meter, check your ignition coil as per the TSRM. Check the actual distributor itself with a feeler guage. Not just the cap and rotor. Do you know what cylinder(s) your car is missing on? Check to make sure that the fuel injectors for those cylinders are getting power. If not, then they may not be grounded properly. I'm having similar problems.

driftsupra

Apr 1, 2012
washington
OKAY found the problem...it was the 3rd cylinder fuel injectors harness wasnt connected like the clip that holds it onto the injector broke so the harness fell off...
i was scared i was gonna have major problems..just happy for a cheap fix :D