Treadstone Intercooler core?

dejacky

Jun 12, 2005
"taxus"
Does anyone have a picture of the treadstone intercooler cores showing the actual path the air will travel through? Most pictures I've seen are external or are from an angle, so the core design is not visible.

dejacky

Jun 12, 2005
"taxus"
anyone will suffice. I'm interested to see the internal fin design of the core from a face-on angle so I can see the air path through the core.

dejacky

Jun 12, 2005
"taxus"
the 2nd picture helped. thanks. It confirms that treadstone actually uses a proper staggered internal fin design vs. ebay coolers that have no real intercooler internal fin design.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Yes, the Treadstone core are well designed. I have used a few of there bare cores with custom built endtakes with great sucess..... Very low pressure drop and very efficient. I was werry about them at first, but after using several, I will continue to use them especially cause I haven't been able to fine anything better for the price.

I have even put one up against a custom spearco unit and while datalogging the car on several highway pulls there was virtually no differance between the two....

dejacky

Jun 12, 2005
"taxus"
cjsupra90;1417404 said:
Yes, the Treadstone core are well designed. I have used a few of there bare cores with custom built endtakes with great sucess..... Very low pressure drop and very efficient. I was werry about them at first, but after using several, I will continue to use them especially cause I haven't been able to fine anything better for the price.

I have even put one up against a custom spearco unit and while datalogging the car on several highway pulls there was virtually no differance between the two....
Thanks for sharing your experience cjsupra90. Just curious, what kind of intake temperatures were you seeing after long boosted pulls. Did you notice any heatsoaking? Also, which core models were you using? :aigo:

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
106*F intake temps were the highest for the Treadstone core which was the CV1859. That core is a 9" tall vertical flow. There sperco unit was identical in size and peaked the 105*F....

As for Heat soak, it wasn't really a problem, atleast not after 6 pulls and they were all 60mph to 100mph 5th gear pulls with very little cool down time (just the time that it took to cost down from 100 back to 60. We didn't want to use brakes to decrease the cool down time by slowing down faster cause the times would not be consistant (i.e. heavy brakes = short cool down and light brake = longer cool down) and coast down should be very consistant hense why we just did coast down periods.

All tests were done at 10psi on a 92*F ambient temp day.

when the math was worked out, both IC were in the average of 74 to 75% range in that speed range.

Had we had a way of doing less cool down time between pulls, there might have been a differance but I dont think it would have been that much if any at all.

If I do end up keeping my supra and TT'ing the UZ (or any future turbo cars), I will be using Treadstone cores cause in my opinion, they cant be beat for the price.