TRD Parts for MKIII

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
bryanintexas;1239229 said:
For those who are interested....................
[thumb]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/bryanintexas/scan0001.jpg[/thumb][thumb]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/bryanintexas/scan0002.jpg[/thumb]

My springs and rear shocks have different part #'s than your catalog,and the pamphlets I have.My front shocks have the same part #.
My springs are :48231-JA712 rear 48131-JA711
Shocks are:48530-MZ283 rear
Was there different rate springs and shocks available within each style/type also.Does anybody know a way to find out the specs for these springs/shocks,I really like the way they sat(very low stance)and they ride/handle great,just wondering in case I end up replacing them when they finally wear out.

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
bowsercake;1239158 said:
TRD Cams I got from from GReddy USA/Japan manager. They are sitting in my closet right now...

524571858_94874b83c8.jpg

411033203_0cb0bd8bb1.jpg

List if about1.5mm higher than stock. Duration is larger but not measured. Supposedly they are rebranded HKS. But, I am not so sure. TRD USA denys making them, and they probably are right, I don't think they were ever sold here.

Ill take those off your hands :);)

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
toy fanatic78;1239835 said:
My springs and rear shocks have different part #'s than your catalog,and the pamphlets I have.My front shocks have the same part #.
My springs are :48231-JA712 rear 48131-JA711
Shocks are:48530-MZ283 rear
Was there different rate springs and shocks available within each style/type also.Does anybody know a way to find out the specs for these springs/shocks,I really like the way they sat(very low stance)and they ride/handle great,just wondering in case I end up replacing them when they finally wear out.

I don't think they offered individual replacements. Only sets, therefore, the part #'s on the springs themselves are for production purposes. When I got my springs, there was only 1 option 00602-48130-005. No specs. I can look tomorrow @ an old TRD Japan catalog and see if it gives spring rates.

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
tbcmorris;1239872 said:
Ill take those off your hands :);)

I don't think I could sell them. I think my asking price would be too unreasonable. Although, Seeing a $1,200 TRD Steering wheel kind of brings my price more into perspective since I feel that the cams are much more valuable and rare that the Steering Wheel.

WestOz

Jan 13, 2009
West Australia
As far as original parts for MkIII go, I'm told we can still buy the accordion pipe for 7MGTE new from Toyota dealers here in Oz for around AU$50. I haven't confirmed this though... will be soon, as I need one :icon_conf.

Jaychen

Jun 29, 2008
Brisbane
WestOz;1240265 said:
As far as original parts for MkIII go, I'm told we can still buy the accordion pipe for 7MGTE new from Toyota dealers here in Oz for around AU$50. I haven't confirmed this though... will be soon, as I need one :icon_conf.

I see/hear no speak of trd goodness ? your post = irrelevant

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
suprastroker88;1240206 said:
Good lord! :aigo: Thats alot for a fricken steering wheel. Guess itll be awhile before I get one :3d_frown:

No kidding, TRD stuff has always been waaay overpriced and priced many times more what its worth.

It was a boyhood dream of mine to get a job working at TRD and make TRD cars as a side brand that people wanted and were GREAT to drive. Oh well lol.

Also, I've held a (supposedly) TRD Celica differential, and the only supposed difference was an aluminum housing. I have no idea if it was true or if that was the case or anything.

WestOz

Jan 13, 2009
West Australia
Jaychen;1240268 said:
I see/hear no speak of trd goodness ? your post = irrelevant
Geez, a bit blunt there :icon_razz Was pretty tired when I posted... somehow thought it was about parts availability for MkIII - TRD or OEM... neither of which are very common these days :icon_sad:

My bad.

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
WestOz;1240330 said:
Geez, a bit blunt there :icon_razz Was pretty tired when I posted... somehow thought it was about parts availability for MkIII - TRD or OEM... neither of which are very common these days :icon_sad:

My bad.

lol its all good. no worries. i sometimes do that in my own threads

projectsupra

旧車スープラ
Apr 5, 2005
West Palm Beach, FL
s235.photobucket.com
I had a TRD clutch and PP behind my 1G, gone after less than a few years of use and I've been OS Giken ever since. Paying a penny more than similar aftermarket parts, for TRD parts, is a waste of money unless you had a new Toyota with a warranty.

...and $1200 for a TRD steering wheel? Let me know who buys that because I've got some swamp land down here too. :rofl::rofl:

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
suprastroker88;1240584 said:
Then take the airbag and just give me the wheel :biglaugh:

I've thought the same thing. I'm tempted to use one of these 04-06 7 series steering wheels I have sitting around from when I worked at BMW. One of them was swapped out only because they wanted the wood trim steering wheel instead; the other I cant remember, but neither are damaged. All they are missing are airbags; a cover couldnt be terribly difficult to make.

An adapter to make it work on a MkIII however would be :biglaugh:. BMW and Toyota use two completely different fastening methods for their steering wheels.

suprastroker88

Supra Tuner
Jul 16, 2008
Bay Area, CA
Orion ZyGarian;1241066 said:
I've thought the same thing. I'm tempted to use one of these 04-06 7 series steering wheels I have sitting around from when I worked at BMW. One of them was swapped out only because they wanted the wood trim steering wheel instead; the other I cant remember, but neither are damaged. All they are missing are airbags; a cover couldnt be terribly difficult to make.

An adapter to make it work on a MkIII however would be :biglaugh:. BMW and Toyota use two completely different fastening methods for their steering wheels.

Nice. Post those wheels on ebay and cash out. There goes some more upgrades for the supra!