tps and other issues

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
ok im seriously ready to quit with this car
mod list in sig

i got my tps ajusted to .5 volts at idle via the safc. However when the throttle is pressed 100% I can only get 3.5 volts, therefore im not going open loop and the SAFC only says 74% throttle. Ive tried adjusting this thing like 30 times and nothing works. I bought this one off a member and he said it was in working order but im not sure.

Also my idle will not go above 11.5 a/f ratio. Ive pulled 35% fuel with the maft and i pull 25% with the safc and its still high 13's. I cant drive with the safc on that setting cause it bogs so i just leave it set at 0 which gives me the 11.5 a/f ratio.

Cruising is a good 13.8-14.5 a/f ratio

Wot is too lean for my taste at 12.5 due to the car not going full wot.

Lastly my vF is always on 0...i rev the car and it doesnt even move.

Fuel pressure is at 32 with the vac line off.

Do you think the tps i bought is junk? OR can my problem lie somewhere else.

BTW i made a post like this before and people said it was my old o2 sensor....well that has since been replaced with a brand new one from toyota.

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
okeedokie.

Code 11

i tried to trip code 51 manually by pressing the pedal....but it didnt do anything

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
Jeff Lange said:
Have you adjusted the TPS with the TSRM specs, or are you just going off your SAFC?
i tried to but no dice, i can never get the right idl readings. I tried on and off the car. All the other pins are in spec.

I tried this with my old tps as well and same thing

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
No other codes will show until 11 is fixed. That could be much of your problem right there.

What makes you think you're not going into open loop at WOT? If you were in closed loop the A/F wouldn't be 12.5

The VTA portion of the TPS is good. I can't tell about the idle contact until you check it. In spite of what the TSRM says a WOT VTA of about 3.5 volts is normal. At least that's what it is on every car I've ever worked on including mine

The cruising A/F ratio doesn't appear good.

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
codes checked after reset and a quick drive, no codes present

when i gave it gas of course the 51 came up and i did that just to make sure it would pick it up.

reset ecu, went for another drive...checked codes again....none

EDIT----- REinitialized SAFC, throttle does go to 100% again

Last edited:

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
given this a quick bump.

Update:

Today when i first started the car, idle is really lean at 18 a/f ration
When car warms up it slowly makes its way down to 10-11.4 when idling.
Also cruising has gone down to to 11.8 sometimes even down to 10.

Any suggestions please!

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
today:

cleaned out the isc and bench tested it.

It read less then 1 ohm for both tests
supposed to read 10-30.

Then i tested it to see if the valve closed/opened. Failed that test as well.

Gonna get a isc from a parts car and see if this fixes the problem.

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
3-15-07

installed the new isc, it works...but idle is still rich. Cant get idle below 1k rpm.

Next on the list is going to be searching for a vacuum leak/boost leak. I can hear something around the alternator/injectors. Im thinking maybe the o-rings are not seated right with the injectors or ripped.