Toyota Freeze Plugs

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
My freeze plug blew out, and after searching everyone says to go with the ones from toyota. My question is where can i order it from toyota/ part number. Ty.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Now that you have the part number, do you know the trick to properly installing them (other than having the proper tool)?

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
mkiiichip;1687220 said:
Now that you have the part number, do you know the trick to properly installing them (other than having the proper tool)?

that it should only be hit like twice to go in otherwise multiple hits will make the plug weak and not seal?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Yup.

I would only use Toyota as well. And considering if you go through champion or something all of them are like 40$.

Many people had problems with the aftermarket ones being slightly too small and popping out, and if that happens under a heavy boost load it could mean major disaster.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Go to SupraForums. Post a quote thread in "Champion Toyota" or "Elmhurt Toyota" section and ask for the price of the freeze plugs. Make sure to list the year but that won't make a difference. Curt and Viet will give you a part number and price, usually they are the same but I have seen a difference of a dollar or two. Call up, speak with Curt or Viet and give them the part number and your information and they will get the part to you.

You can ask for a quote number which will speed up your process when calling on the phone.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
[/COLOR]
xzeror;1687471 said:
search in their inventory on the website and it doesnt pop up. Guess ill just go in person and ask.

The actual database of parts is not available to just anyone, and dealerships dont usually deal much in selling parts online. They usually dont stock parts for these cars, but thats what they have massive warehouses all over the US. So order the parts in person, (old fashon, right) and theyll be there in a few days.

It seems strange to me so many people work on these cars often but they dont have a "go to" toyota parts guy. Bring your car into toyota, pick up some parts, its likely to be a good experience. Yeah some of them are completely clueless, but if you stop by a few times, you will learn who knows their stuff (there are always parts guys and techs that have been there for 20+ years). Then you can call and talk to that guy all the time. But I am a little biased, and I use oem parts very often. I also think its fun to talk to the guys that were servicing these vehicles back in the day.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
^ Ditto I still have a great working relationship with the Toyota parts guys even though I"ve moved 120 Km's and no longer own a Toyota anything ;)
(I source some stuff for the USA guys now and again)

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
^Ditto again. I have a good working relationship with 2 parts guys- Rob and Jim at Bill Kidds here in Baltimore. I even get a discount on 7M parts. They have seen the car and know what I'm up to and want to help. I've ordered some off the wall parts and they always have come up with them, usually within a week.
There is also a mechanic that's been there about 30 yrs. who's a great source of info for any stock related questions.

froubaby

MyMKIIIsupra.com
Apr 30, 2007
South Florida
www.mymkiiisupra.com
mkiiichip;1687891 said:
[/COLOR]

The actual database of parts is not available to just anyone, and dealerships dont usually deal much in selling parts online. They usually dont stock parts for these cars, but thats what they have massive warehouses all over the US. So order the parts in person, (old fashon, right) and theyll be there in a few days.

Look up Conicelli Toyota. They have the whole parts database online and you can order from their website. I've dealt with these guys numerous times for Toyota/Scion parts as well as Mitsu parts (when they still had Mitsu). If you call them on the phone and chat with them, they'll usually work in a discount for you if you mention you're in a club.

87GWSupra

Rally Supra
Jan 24, 2010
Carlton, Oregon
Who know it be so hard to get freeze plugs lol. I agree with the guys saying go to the dealer. The parts guy at my local dealer has always been really good at getting parts for me and my brothers supra. I also bought my supra from the shop manager. Their awesome guys, also since their Supra enthusiasts I tend to get discounts to on top of when I used to work at a carquest. Saved lots of $$.