tow truck struggle

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
So when getting a tow (I have AAA 100 miles free) is it standard practice to use the front hooks that come off the frame and the rear hooks correct?

Reason I ask is because the one guy seemd like he was struggling to get my car hooked up onto a flatbed (I am lowered on tein ss coilovers but its not slammed or anything)

reason for tow was the two bolts that hold the clutch fork broke lol I don't know wtf happened but they were loose and I could get what was left, out by hand

(for reference the #90119-08604)
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291420/catalog.aspx?F=3101&P=2

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
thats generally what i use, with 2 straps

maybe he wasn't very experienced strapping cars down? i mean its not difficult and im also on tein SS coilovers and considerably low

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
Those are there originally to tie the cars down for the boat ride, can't have the cargo moving about.

The JA70 TTR had an additional hook in the lower front grill to tow, since straps on the front hooks will tweak the bumper/lip brackets.

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
Stock bumper? And has it been previously removed? I ask because there are ~6 10mm nuts behind the bumper support and 4 10mm bolts where the fog lights are (2 each side). I've always used the biggest industrial strength zip ties for any front bumper. One at each corner, and maybe a nut for the inner bracket. Zip ties are easily replaced, whereas a front bumper is expensive. I'd take off my front bumper because it's easy, with what I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk