Torque conveter installation...

bluemkiii

redmkiii's little brother
Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
Well I replaced the rear main seal on my 1jz, and I'm ready to mount the auto tranny back on but I don't know how I should install the converter, I know you have to line up the converter to the oil pump in the trans but I dont know how I should go about doing this. Is there marking on the trans I should be looking for? Thanks for the help guys.:icon_bigg

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
There are 3 splines you need to engage in the front of the trans.

Apply some lube to the Lip seal then lift the Converter into place and while supporting it by it's nose gently rotate and push it into place.

You'll "feel" the splines slip into place and it may take a few tries, when instally correctly it'll almost touch the front of the Trans, make sure it doesn't slide forward when bolting the trans to the motor as the Trans pump can break if it's not engaged when you bolt it up.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
IJ.;896577 said:
There are 3 splines you need to engage in the front of the trans.

Apply some lube to the Lip seal then lift the Converter into place and while supporting it by it's nose gently rotate and push it into place.

You'll "feel" the splines slip into place and it may take a few tries, when instally correctly it'll almost touch the front of the Trans, make sure it doesn't slide forward when bolting the trans to the motor as the Trans pump can break if it's not engaged when you bolt it up.

yeah make sure you install this right heh, i did it incorrectly on my 7m and the exhaust side brace broke in half and had to wait a week or so for a used replacement boy was my face red!