TOP GEAR Season 11

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
I like the show, but the Euro-biased attitude gets to me sometimes and it seems every American car they test "sucks", they were soooo reluctant about the new Z06...or I should say Jeremy...

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
7Mboost;1088148 said:
I like the show, but the Euro-biased attitude gets to me sometimes and it seems every American car they test "sucks", they were soooo reluctant about the new Z06...or I should say Jeremy...

doesn't bother me at all....most of our cars really do suck!

osama1234

Noob
Jun 30, 2007
vancity
There definitely is a bias, which can be expected as half the show is their jokes and such, so obviously the commentary needs to be potent.

But keep in mind, they do also tend to humourously make fun of other European countries, and they tend to favour english cars. Like when they compare an aston to any other real performance supercar, which would lead the aston in its dust. They often also dismiss perfectly capable cars simply because they think it lacks 'soul', which is very subjective. So you can't take everything they say seriously.

And finally, they have given positive review of American car (i'm thinking the z06), but realistically Detroit does in fact need to turn it up to compete, this is reflected in car sales worldwide, with Toyota now taking pole position.

@ borhor: only one more episode??? i didn't know. Damn i hate how they're totally random length seasons, particularly if they're short. Hopefully fifth gear will be on air soon.