Tookwik's 7M-GTE COP ignition mod w/ stock electronics...pics and writeup

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
nerfkhat;1203805 said:
To any of you guys that has completed this conversion. Is it required to the take out the #3 spark plug cover ? (think thats what its called)
It was possibly the single most useless part on the car, you need to toss it to fit them.

nerfkhat

Aug 24, 2005
centennial, Co
Thanks Tookwik. ok guess ill have to sell mine since i have the aluminum one. I should be picking up my coils this week too bad motor is out of the car or else id totally test them..

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
Okay, I got my IS coils on the way!! Here's a dumb questions, but what's the order of the coils/wires?

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
Doh! I just realized that the coils only have a single plug on them. For some reason I kept thinking that the coils had their own plug. After receiving my IS coils today and looking at my coils on the car, I came to that realization.

Sorry guys lol

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
Ok guys I'm getting PO'ed I can't seem to figure out the darn wiring. If someone can tell me what what wires on the coil pack harness, that'd be great....

Ok I have a tan wire, that parts into three.

Now I have a green, white, and black, which coils do these wires go to? I extended the harness this morning, and really wasn't paying attention.....

:headslap:

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
I was at the yard yesterday and a 95 ES300 was out there with a wasted spark setup, and it even uses the same plugs too.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
upgradedsupra;1225227 said:
lol Jay.

So, what else is new and upcoming quick?!

What's up Jay and Duane?

I keep my lotion at the ready in case Duane posts engine pics!

Duane, Car is covered up for winter and ready to race with a quick tire swap, spring time will finally bring a time with good 60' now that I figured it out, then I'm joining you guys at GTEpowered.com hopefully:icon_bigg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
WOOOOOTTTTT!!!!! I'm sure you'll have no problems joining the 500+ site. You should get extra points because yours looks sooooo good.

new88sup4me

Jan 25, 2009
Texas For now
ok, i hate to sound like a dumb ass, but could you draw up a schematic? i can read geek :). not only that but im planning on running a MS EFI system converting over to map, and would like to know how to splice this in with the harness
thanks
Nick

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
anyone know the exact years of the is300 that had vvti? i need to know so i can start searching junkyard sites online. thanks. i went through the whole thread and never saw it posted once.