Tis how we do it Down Under!.. project 7MGTE (now running YAY)

MA70_Powa

Boost Addict
Jun 17, 2007
Tasmania
quick question, where'd you get the LEDs from?
Somewhere here in Aus or did you get them from the US? I'll be putting white ones in my dash soon and I'd prefer to get em locally... :)

2quickk

Jun 22, 2009
Prosser
www.myspace.com
awesome build, seems like a lot of people are gunna be using the FFIM idea of yours! And your car looks great btw! I wanna see a video of it after tuning...Great job!

JayRome

Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
www.team4g.com
thanks for the kind words guys.....

took the car for a spin tonight, i'm starting to fall in love with the targa roof!... LSD in the back really makes the car stick around corners, engine feels very strong even granny shifting it.... although engine light keeps coming on soo i'll have to sort that out first....

yes cyl #2 problem was in the connectors for the injector, terminals weren't inserted properly, so rectified within a few hours...

as for the LED's, MA70_Powa drop me a line on my email..
djkenwood@hotmail.com
and i'll try and explain how to do it, its not as easy as it looks...

other wise i can do this if anyone really wants... prototype but its my current dash in my HG Galant GSR Hatch (ZR4 in the US) round 60 SMD LED's used
sm_photo_missing.jpg

JayRome

Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
www.team4g.com
2quickk;1404181 said:
awesome build, seems like a lot of people are gunna be using the FFIM idea of yours! And your car looks great btw! I wanna see a video of it after tuning...Great job!

thanks bro,

its actually MK3_7m's car, but it tends to spend its entire time in my garage, so you could say that.... LOL..... and i think i drive it harder then he does lol :evil2:

2quickk

Jun 22, 2009
Prosser
www.myspace.com
JayRome;1404270 said:
thanks bro,

its actually MK3_7m's car, but it tends to spend its entire time in my garage, so you could say that.... LOL..... and i think i drive it harder then he does lol :evil2:

well props for taking good care of it! and you got a pretty good sized garage, ur lucky:icon_mad: lol keep us updated

Exilium

Sep 18, 2005
Gothenburg
Nice build you got going there! Absolutly loved that dashboard lighting! :love:

Just a small tip for all of you who liked the ffim solution.

You can also route the Intercooler pipes like this:

757561_1k5x8w.jpg

757563_68ud5o.jpg

I couldn´t belive I hadn´t seen this done before as it shortens the ic piping a whole lot! And you don´t have to lover the genarator at all.

/J

JayRome

Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
www.team4g.com
Exilium;1405026 said:

757561_1k5x8w.jpg

757563_68ud5o.jpg

I couldn´t belive I hadn´t seen this done before as it shortens the ic piping a whole lot! And you don´t have to lover the genarator at all.

/J

looks good cuz, the battery to the boot isn't an option with the guys that have Targa roof's..... but none the less not bad..... ....issnt the cold side pipe a tad bit close to the pos+ terminal on the alternator?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
JayRome;1405109 said:
looks good cuz, the battery to the boot isn't an option with the guys that have Targa roof's..... but none the less not bad..... ....issnt the cold side pipe a tad bit close to the pos+ terminal on the alternator?

Can be done if you use an optima and lay it on it's side Jay.

romaniello

Oct 28, 2005
Sanford, FL
Exilium;1405026 said:

[THUMB]http://www1.garaget.org/gallery/archive/92412/large/757561_1k5x8w.jpg[/THUMB]

[THUMB]http://www1.garaget.org/gallery/archive/92412/large/757563_68ud5o.jpg[/THUMB]

/J

I like this design, it keeps the throttle body in its proper place simplifying the design.
Good looking water bottle for overflow tank!

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
I think I may go with that style intake piping for now, I like it. It looks really good painted black too.

As for the BOV, I was thinking of doing the exact same thing! I like how my friend's Evo 9 stock BOV sound so I thought about getting one for my Supra. It's not too loud, just right.

JayRome

Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
www.team4g.com
Supra28;1405537 said:
I think I may go with that style intake piping for now, I like it. It looks really good painted black too.

As for the BOV, I was thinking of doing the exact same thing! I like how my friend's Evo 9 stock BOV sound so I thought about getting one for my Supra. It's not too loud, just right.

the MR BOV is the only stock BOV's on the 2nd hand market that i would trust using with fairly high boost, yet keeping a stock appeal, other wise the twin GTR set up also works well (there are also tricks to make them hold even more boost each)....

with the BOV plumbed back into the system, you can't actually hear it, its just a slight chirp and thats about it.... prityy stealthy... the revving engine tends to sometimes be louder...

Inygknok

Tropical Paradise
Sep 22, 2005
Puerto Rico
funky_monkey58;1405519 said:
Or if you position the box just right it will clear the targa. We did this on Dans car.

Any pictures of that? After looking at the JayWay (that's how we should be calling it) adaptor, I can choose between having the battery up front like stock and lowering the alternator, or leave the alternator as-is and moving the battery to the back, and I'm really considering the second option if there's a comfortable way to do it.

Also JayRome, any more shots of how you routed the IC piping once it starts going down to the IC from the TB? And any shots of how it clears the A/C fan next to the radiator?

JayRome

Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
www.team4g.com
Inygknok;1444069 said:
Any pictures of that? After looking at the JayWay (that's how we should be calling it) adaptor, I can choose between having the battery up front like stock and lowering the alternator, or leave the alternator as-is and moving the battery to the back, and I'm really considering the second option if there's a comfortable way to do it.

Also JayRome, any more shots of how you routed the IC piping once it starts going down to the IC from the TB? And any shots of how it clears the A/C fan next to the radiator?

interesting name for the adapter :p

i didnt take many photos of the cold side cooler pipe as its really really short. it comes out of the Evo6 cooler into a perfect U bend then 90deg straight up.... if you can picture that.... also the car has no A/C soo the fan on the battery side has been mounted in front of the radiator for clearance....

car will be hitting Dyno in a few weeks i hope (if they have space for us) i know some of you out there are waiting for dyno graphs from this build....