TIS Anyone?

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone here has/had access to this site and could post their experience with it. Was it worth the money? Give a review of sorts...

Link:https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInf....com/t3Portal/login/externalLoginRedirect.jsp

There are a lot of Toyotas in my family so I am in need of many manuals. I am well aware of the various links and downloads that are around; but, I would hope that this site provides 'complete' manuals.

$15 bucks to download as much as your computer can ingest over the course of two days almost sounds too good to be true!

Thanks!

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
TIS is nice, but I find manuals to be more valuable, even in the dealership. Wiring diagrams especially, as they're nice to have right there in the car with you.

Can't comment on the cost- dealership pays for it. :p

Raven97990

Supramania Contributor
Jul 3, 2005
Georgia
www.speedforsale.com
We buy enough Toyota parts we get free subs. I love it , but its better on newer cars with the ewds. Also 1990 is all the further back they go.

I prefer the tis manuals because ill print the information and I get to draw notes on it, where I get in trouble whenever I draw in the manuals.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
toyotanos;1794474 said:
TIS is nice, but I find manuals to be more valuable, even in the dealership. Wiring diagrams especially, as they're nice to have right there in the car with you.

Can't comment on the cost- dealership pays for it. :p

I too would prefer manuals; but, we're talking $15 bucks vs hundreds. And through work, I can have them printed and bound for next to nothing.

Raven97990;1794483 said:
We buy enough Toyota parts we get free subs. I love it , but its better on newer cars with the ewds. Also 1990 is all the further back they go.

I prefer the tis manuals because ill print the information and I get to draw notes on it, where I get in trouble whenever I draw in the manuals.

I did notice that they only go as far back as 1990. This is ok for my Supra (91), Camry, and soon to be wife's 4Runner. This does leave my 87 4Runner out though. :(

I too get in trouble at work for making notes on things. Especially schematics! :biglaugh:

FlawLessHOVA

May 9, 2011
MA
I still have a TIS log in from my old dealer. It's only really worth it with newer vehicles and help with diag. A repair manual will do just fine for us.