tires

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
I currently have Toyo T1Rs and i love them. Before that i had Proxes TPT (lasted 2+ years even with 4-5 drag strip days) and i liked them too.Im liking the T1Rs better since they are a little more sticky and still have great wet weather performance.I just dont know how long these T1Rs will last compared to the Proxes tpt.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
noah89t said:
mkIIIman089: i also have the NUR spec and i know what you mean about its noise. it has a deep drone to it. but i don't see what that has to do with your tires.
Oook, thats about all the info you'll get from me. LMAO

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
The Kumho Supra's are getting old, so dry rot would be an issue in seeing a failure IMHO...

I run Kumho SPT's and love em. They replaced the Supras and have great wet weather traction, corner great, ect...

there are better tires, but they're a great, cheap, all around great tire. ASX's are better, and MX's are even better than that for grip, but it's all a compromise...

CassMori

Boost Addict
I've got Firestone Firehawk SZ50's (not the RFT), 245/45 front & 275/40 rear, and I like them really well, both looks & performance. They work far better in wet & dry than anything else I've had on the Supra, are a lot quieter, and seem to be wearing well - I've got just over 10k on them now, and they still have quite a bit of tread left. Unfortunately, I don't think they are made in correct sizes anymore, only in sizes for the C5 Corvette. :icon_frow

shepfly

Jul 23, 2007
Ohio
Has anyone tried Avon Tech M500, or the M500 A/S, 235/40/17, 275/40/17? Both types are under 120 bucks on Tirerack, and test results look pretty good, especially when price is compared. I've had very good results on sport bikes with Avon.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
kumho's are around that range and are tried and tested...

NEVER BUY COOPERS THOUGH

I love the drift car in SCC with cooper tires, no wonder, they have NO grip...

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
another vote for the bfg g-force sport. currently, i have those sumi htr zii on mine. so far, i like them. i would have gone for the g-force again, but my size is hard to find.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
noah89t said:
i don't know which kuhmo's you have but i have seen the ecsta supras fall apart on the highway.

Never had ecsta's, and am not aware of that issue.

I ran ASX's up untill recently (an excellent tire for the money) and now I've got a new set of Mx's and they are as good a tire on the Supra IMHO as anything I've driven on, and better than most.

I can't speak to the issue of treadwear as I've only got 600 mile on them.

But they stick like poop on a blanket.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
bountykilla0118 said:
Has anyone ran a Ulta High Performance Summer tire in the winter? What were your results?

OMG bobsled on snow. If you're real careful, it's ok, but when that panic situation arises (happens atleast once a year to me... icy bridge deck, emergency braking, collision avoidance, ect), the 1000 bucks for snow tires will have been worth it.

Has anyone ever compared wieghts of tires? I've been told that michelin pilots are the lightest high performance tires you can get for the ammount of weight in rubber to sling around. Any truth to this you think?

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
Well in the ATL it does not snow often. Maybe 1-2 inches and it normally melts in a day. I am just wondering if i need to go buy a set of all season tires.....

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I agree on the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's. I haven't used them yet, but everyone who I know that has loves them. They have amazing grip in both wet and dry. As a summer tire, they are outstanding. If you need a winter tire (snow), get a pair of all season tires just for the snow.

Adam

BJ91T

Aug 28, 2006
Baton Rouge LA
Noah I run BFG G force sports (me and jon williams both do) I have them on mk4 rims he has my old 255 kazeras. we both love these tires I have yet to get my car in a ugly situation in the rain dry etc...They hook up very well in the dry and I think they are an all around good tire.

My 2 cents
BJ

CassMori

Boost Addict
bountykilla0118 said:
Well in the ATL it does not snow often. Maybe 1-2 inches and it normally melts in a day. I am just wondering if i need to go buy a set of all season tires.....

it's about the same here - I run mine year-round. When it gets near freezing temps, they take a bit of time to warm up (and smooth out the flat-ish spots from sitting overnight), but once they do, they're fine.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Falken Azenis RT-615. i'm running mkiv rims, with 275/40 rears, and 255/40 fronts.

one word: glue

-shaeff