tips for removing PS pump?

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
I've looked around and have found nothing. All I want to do is take the high pressure line off, but it wont come out without access to the bolt that the bolt is threaded into :nono: Any tips? I've done it before, but I see no good way to take or put this thing back on.

Now that I think about it, I think I'm'll just chop the pressure line to hell and take the banjo with the bolt it's threaded into. PS pump can go fuck it's-self.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
huh? i dont remember anything special just unbolt the sucker or anything in the way *shrug*

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Why don't you just use a proper sized wrench or socket and remove the banjo bolt. Iirc it's either a 22 or 24mm. Not rocket science.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
wrench doesnt fit back there, you gotta take the pump out. banjo bolt is 17mm. it's ok, I just muscled it out. left the pump on. less hassle that way

There's no way to add tension to the belt though, or take it way, that's my issue.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Can't you get to that bolt from underneath the car? That's what I did when I replaced the high pressure line.

SR_043.gif

There is adjustment to give tension to the PS pump belt. Look at adjusting strut in the pic.

SR_046.gif

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
It tells you to take the pulley off? lol. the bolts were no issue. it looks like the pump doesnt really want to budge unless you take EVERYTHING off it. I was just trying to get the high pressure line off. I managed to squeeze a 1 1/16" wrench back there, I dont have a metric one that big, and it fit really snug. I just cut the high pressure line in half to get it off (rather than moving the rack too) and installed a braided SS line

Attachments

• Eighth group 109-1.jpg
    Eighth group 109-1.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 19

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yep, you shouldn't have to grab that piece with the big wrench. I had this issue at one point as well, but I was able to get it out to fix it.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
Poodles, every single time I've messed with that line (on other supras too), the bolt that the banjo bolt goes into turns instead. I tried just turning the banjo bolt more, but that wasnt doing much. I was going to cut the line off there, and just take everything off like that, but there wast enough room for me to use anything to cut it. In other words, I need better tools. With the wrench on the back it took quite a good bit of force to break it loose. But the leak is fixed now.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
I had to do the same one mine. Never had a problem before but this past summer I had to do what you did and secured the inner bolt. I tightened the banjo bolt to loosen it...if that makes any sense. Pretty much tightened the inner bolt. Idk it was designed that way in the first place.