timimg belt

maitai69691

Jul 24, 2005
hilo hawaii
ok im finishing up on full rebuild. well just finished installing the timing belt after turning over the ENG by HAND about 8-10 rotations the belt moves from the center of the cam gears to the back of the cam gears.

So i thought maby my belt tentioner was bad so i replaced it TQ every thing down and no change. Its not causing and binding that i can tell just dont want it to rub on any thing and wear...would like to fix it if there is any problem befor I in stall the ENG...will post pic soon

maitai69691

Jul 24, 2005
hilo hawaii
yes it got put on the right way and TQ to spec i checked both a couple times...its not rubing or any thing jsut didnt think it would move that mouch...

maitai69691

Jul 24, 2005
hilo hawaii
ok thanks for the info ill look into it more and keep you posted. ill post a pic of the belt 2maro i may just be over reacting there is still about 1/8 left on the back side of the cam gears...

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If its sliding off you have a problem if its just moving more towards the rear likely not. The belt will go where it wants to go. As long as its not falling off.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Bottom pully is crowned to keep it running centre, if it's moving around again something is NOT RIGHT...

I'd like to see a pic of the lower pully installed, also need to fit a fresh tensioner spring on old engines and ONLY use it's tension to set the belt, a lot of people will lever the tensioner then pull the bolt down this will make the belt wander..