Throttle Cable Measurement Inquiry

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
nickiec88;1958959 said:
No problem, I was bored and curious after a few of the other comments.

87 hardtop. 89+ moldings, mirrors and tails. But I cant do without the pre89 bumper.

So whats with the different length cables?

And who cars what motor he has in his car? were all doing the same thing, just using different parts and different tools. I have a mac tool box filled with craftsman and snap-on tools, is that a problem for you as well?

Huh. Well I guess my cable is too long. Wanna trade mister 2j 240? Haha

And what? You're cross breeding sockets??? Now that's just too far man. I can understand engines.. hell, even wrenches! But sockets??? Don't tell me you're cross breeding ratchets too... Oh god...

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

nickiec88

May 23, 2010
Marengo, Il
Backlash2032;1958966 said:
And what? You're cross breeding sockets??? Now that's just too far man. I can understand engines.. hell, even wrenches! But sockets??? Don't tell me you're cross breeding ratchets too... Oh god...

I knew I shouldn't have popped my tool box..

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
Do you know what I hate is haters. Butt the haters are as old as Ford and Chevy thing. Supras guys hates each other. MKIV guys laugh at MKIII owners. Even though 3/4 of MKIV owners never heard of a supra until the "fast and queer " movie came out. with the "great" drag race sceens. Reprgram and ecu and find and turn on hidden "nos" during a supposed 10 second pass. I like the "car crazy show" With Dennis Gauge fellow. Car guys liking cars. Can't wait to read how I am hated for not being one Have a great day full of hate.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
super51fan said:
Even though 3/4 of MKIV owners never heard of a supra until the "fast and queer " movie came out.

Lol the Mk4 was discontinued by the time fnf came out. So 100% of all original Mk4 supra owners knew about the Mk4 before fnf....

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

super51fan

Jul 28, 2010
Indianapolis
Yes lucky for us they did indeed. The 1993 came out with a window sticker of $50,000 plus. Now, how many MKIV's are still with the original owner. That is how i came up with 3/4 of them. Next question, would you have paid $32,000 for a loaded 1992 supra. Almost every time I get one of my cars I am happy some one bought this car and did the upkeep to make them last. I guess my point is, yes the people who knew that buying a more expensive and superior car was worth it. Then the crazy price thing in 1997 and 98'. Sorry to hijack.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Actually the MK4 was discontinued in 2002 and F&F came out in 2001. There were only imported to the US untill 1998 but were actually manufactured untill 2002.

Im predicting someone in this thread will not last long before being banned.

DETONATION666

DECEPTICON MK3
Oct 29, 2006
Bethpage, New York, United States
I think that this may be my only option at this point as I don't want to buy any more factory cables and not be able to sell them.

Enraged;1959265 said:
If you still need a throttle cable, look up Lokar parts. I've got one on my car with my forward facing intake manifold, its a nice quality piece and is available in various lengths. You can cut it down to the perfect length for your application.

Not super cheap, but they look nice too: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/lok-tc-1000u/overview/