Throttle Cable Measurement Inquiry

DETONATION666

DECEPTICON MK3
Oct 29, 2006
Bethpage, New York, United States
Hey guys,

I have an S14 that I have been swapping with a 2JZGTE. I am "of course" spoiled by the amount of information that's accurate and readily available here so I need someone's help with this one. The Nissan forums aren't up to snuff...

There is a small amount of information when it comes to the swap about using an MK3 throttle cable but I tried a cable I had from an 88t and it was too short. See pic below. If I had something around 19" I think it would fit well.

Could someone get me a measurement on an NA cable so I can see if that would do the trick? Like an ass I think I threw out allot of my NA parts a few years back...

MK3Hitman21

Mar 5, 2011
CALIFORNIA
Lmao @ s14 with a 2j swap has to be dumb and an insult to Nissan, yea its a free country your money do what you want blah blah blah. Excuses us it your still the idiot along with everyone else. Swapping motors mix and matching. Company's you gets no respect

nickiec88

May 23, 2010
Marengo, Il
Pictures 023.png
thats with my tape measure pressed against the firewall. the tape measure is straight and the throttle cable is a little curved so id say its just a bit longer than what it shows.
hope this helps

DETONATION666

DECEPTICON MK3
Oct 29, 2006
MK3Hitman21;1958700 said:
Lmao @ s14 with a 2j swap has to be dumb and an insult to Nissan, yea its a free country your money do what you want blah blah blah. Excuses us it your still the idiot along with everyone else. Swapping motors mix and matching. Company's you gets no respect

E-thugary gets YOU no respect.
Your respect means dick to anyone and is of no value anywhere.
Explore the English language and eventually learn to write it properly.
Paint your entire car before you begin talking shit.
Thank yourself for contributing zero to an awesome forum and for waking up everyday as a meaningless zilch...

MK3Hitman21

Mar 5, 2011
CALIFORNIA
Your an English major now? No I doubt it. And the statment which you clearly understand once you read the first time or the tenth time remains. Putting a Toyota motor in anything besides a toyota is out right pathetic. So in other words your pathetic. So go to a Nissan forum and ask your questions and see the response you will get.

Ppps
My car is white which is one color

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
MK3Hitman21;1958753 said:
Your an English major now? No I doubt it. And the statment which you clearly understand once you read the first time or the tenth time remains. Putting a Toyota motor in anything besides a toyota is out right pathetic. So in other words your pathetic. So go to a Nissan forum and ask your questions and see the response you will get.

Ppps
My car is white which is one color

And this is why I hate most kids. They're ruining car culture. Enjoy cars. Seriously. 240 with a 2JZ, 240z with a 1uz, Camaro with a 2JZ, Supra with an LS1, stop being an immature ass and enjoy cars.

Besides.. cross manufacturer engine "swaps" are coming from the factory anyway. 80s Chevy Novas came with a 4A-GE. Pontiac Vibes come with a 1ZZ-FE or a 2ZZ-GE. Your argument is moot, now gtfo of this thread.

As for my input into this thread I want to say that GE and GTE throttle cables are the same. I'm currently using a GE cable on a GTE.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

DETONATION666

DECEPTICON MK3
Oct 29, 2006
LOL thank you for your help guys.
I very much enjoy my friends Lotus Elise and it has a Toyota motor that's pretty much a corolla lump. The fact that it has a Toyota power plant made it better. I chose the S14 due to the 700LB weight loss and availability of cheap suspension parts. I still love Supra's and will inevitably end up with at least 5 more before I expire haha

Engines are air pumps, Some people make better ones than others. They all break eventually.

MK3Hitman21

Mar 5, 2011
CALIFORNIA
No actually your ruining car culture.. by trying to play god to your car or mad scientist. It's alive its alive a Nissan with a 2j in it. Like I said try a Nissan futon with these questions and I bet they would troll you and your car out there forum. So take what I said with a grain of salt and push on. you and your failure. Cause at the end of the day if anyone likes your car and you pop the hood and they see its powered by TOYOTA and your driving a Nissan I'm sure there be more like me. Don't get me wrong I admire what your doing cause your showing how week you are and how weak the competition is for Toyota.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Leave. Just leave. I'm not even going to bother.

Edit.. I'm just going to say this. Car culture was BASED ON making your car faster. That is what a hot rod is. Taking a small car and putting a big, powerful engine in it. Who cares who puts their name on it. In the end, its all internal combustion and its in a car.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

DETONATION666

DECEPTICON MK3
Oct 29, 2006
Pretty sure that before his grandpa was born the TRUE innovators were swapping motors in there model A's.... A car that came with a 4 banger.

People swapped cars before we were all born and they will after we die. Kid needs to move on

nickiec88

May 23, 2010
Marengo, Il
DETONATION666;1958947 said:
Dude you are the man!

What year is your NA? 88's rock

No problem, I was bored and curious after a few of the other comments.

87 hardtop. 89+ moldings, mirrors and tails. But I cant do without the pre89 bumper.

So whats with the different length cables?

MK3Hitman21;1958889 said:
Cause at the end of the day if anyone likes your car and you pop the hood and they see its powered by TOYOTA and your driving a Nissan I'm sure there be more like me.

And who cars what motor he has in his car? were all doing the same thing, just using different parts and different tools. I have a mac tool box filled with craftsman and snap-on tools, is that a problem for you as well?