Thoughts about the TOGA High Volume Oil Pump.....

red91turbo

Feb 24, 2006
Houston, Texas
Anybody know anything about this pump...does it work, is it reliable??? Just wondering how it stacks up against a stock pump. The price is about the same for both, so which one would you go with?

Rich

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
red91turbo said:
Anybody know anything about this pump...does it work, is it reliable??? Just wondering how it stacks up against a stock pump. The price is about the same for both, so which one would you go with?

Rich

nothing different between the toga "high volume" pump and an OEM pump.

Electric S

Suprattitude
Jan 22, 2006
Oss, Netherlands
I've replaced my OEM oil pump with a TOGA pump while I was replacing the rod bearings on my 7M-GTE, but I can't see any difference in oil pressure on my stock slow-ass stock oil pressure gauge.

It's basically the same oil pump
TOGA removed the Toyota (or was it Aisin) letters on the pump's housing

If the pumps both have the same price, I would go for the TOGA pump if I was you
Since it's the same pump, it can only be better right?!

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I wouldn't buy one. It's been proven that they're no different, and since they're no different, and the same price, why not buy a Toyota pump?
Either that or check the clearances on yours via the tsrm and see if it's in spec. I just so happened to get a free block with a brand spankin new pump, so I lucked out.

N

NDBoost

whats the mod to increase your oil pressure or flow . ive never really read up on it?

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
ported pump housing around the outlet works well also. I did that on my new pump, I've got around 55 psi at 3000 rpm cruise

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
My pump will be ported a bit as well, just because there are some sharp edges that I don't particularly fancy.

spoolint78: Incorrect!
You want to shim the relief spring about 7mm or so. Not the pump itself. I don't know how you would go about shimming the pump ;)