thought I'd share... Home link retrofit

SC300fivespd

Soarer Guy
next time you are in a junk yard look at the visors in Mercedes or BMW's, even Volvo, Chrysler and lets not forget Lexus. These cars have the garage door opener in the sun visors. These support rolling code or steady style radio frequencies. I was at the junk yard today and bought the visor for 5 dollars. just showed him the visor not the home link. i will be putting it in soon, if it fits in the visor then that's where it will go.
p1233649_1.jpg

I love this thing. Finished putting it together and the results are amazing! I started a cut along the top part of the visor then slowly pull it apart and the seam will open. find where you like it mounted, there isn't alot of space so where i mounted it was just enough. Place the transmitter box on the visor foam and trace it with something. make sure it not backwards, double check it, you don't want to have to buy a new visor. then just cut and fit the transmitter inside the visor foam. Then i sewed it up with a needle and transparent plastic thread. if done right it would look almost factory.
p1233649_2.jpg

p1233649_3.jpg

TO PROGRAM!:

-You hold 2 outside buttons for 45 seconds it resets everything.
-hold button you wanna program while holding garage door remote 2 inches away from it.
-when it blinks faster you let go every thing.
-if you have rolling code after that you press the learning button on the garage door motor in the garage and then press the home link button you just programmed 1-3 times when garage door closes you are good to go!

GOOD LUCK, any questions or comments please ask. this can be mounted anywhere you please, just needs power and ground.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Nice idea, I use mine in my Caddy every day. Just never thought about installing one in the supra. Umm..... Thank you for the idea, (off to the internet junk yard to find one cheap)

nerfkhat

Aug 24, 2005
centennial, Co
awesome idea. i have one in my mdx and its awesome to use since i have garages at my condo and parents house which uses up all 3 buttons. What wire did you use to wire it to?