thorttle cable adjustment?

chris89

May 31, 2005
Columbia, MO
I just got new turbo linkage and cable. They're used but in good condition. Only problem is there is 1" of play in the pedal and when the pedal is floored. The throttle doesn't come wide open. It goes to 75 %. I tried adjusting the screw for adjustment but it didn't fix it. How do u fix throttle play?

sneakypete

Jul 18, 2007
Central NJ
i see that you have an NA
the NA throttle cable is a little longer than the turbo cable. you might want to check that out
-pete

chris89

May 31, 2005
Columbia, MO
This is actually for a 7mgte. I don't have the na supra anymore. Anyway i got it working. It's fine. I have a question though about how to know if my manual boost controller is causing problems with the engine? I was wondering how i could run the boost at stock setting? Like run a hose from the actuator to the wastegate. would that make it stock boost? right now there r two hoses. One off the actuator and one off the wastegate that go to a really ghetto manual boost controller. The controller looks as if it was bought from westlakes. It's got a vavle and a bolt with white tape or plastic of somesort on the threads. It seems like there's a leak in it. What if i just bought a manual boost controller on ebay? Are they ok? the cheap universals? What should i do? thanks

Last edited:

SupraCorwin

Shadow
Oct 14, 2008
Washington
Well, you can turn the manual boost controller all the way down, so its not increasing boost or you can take out the controller and plumb the hoses together, or take off both hoses and the controller and put in a 3" or 4" hose from the actuator to the pressure port on the turbo like stock.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
chris89;1315303 said:
This is actually for a 7mgte. I don't have the na supra anymore. Anyway i got it working. It's fine. I have a question though about how to know if my manual power controller is cause problems with the engine? I was wondering how i could run the boost at stock setting? Like run a hose from the actuator to the wastegate. would that make it stock boost? right now there r two hoses. One off the actuator and one off the wastegate that go to a really ghetto manual boost controller. What should i do? thanks

How did you fix it, so others with the same problem have a idea of how to fix theres.

If you want just stock boost, like SupraCorwin said, run uninterupted hose from the WG actuator to the pressure port(On the compressor outlet on the CT-26)

chris89

May 31, 2005
Columbia, MO
Thanks. Well the problem with the auto cable/ linkage is there's an 1 1/2" of play in the cable before it contacts the lever to move the butterfly. Therefore the car will only go 60-70% throttle. Adjust the Throttle Rod all the way in the direction to shorten it's length. You have to adjust it all the way down to it's shortest allowable adjustment. Then u have to adjust the throttle cable all the way down to it's very shortest length. Then it's fixed. There is still a 1/8 to 1/12th of an inch of play in the throttle but it's almost completely unnoticable. I can now go Wide open. I did notice that the butterfly doesn't come completely flat inside the throttle body. It's like 97% open. You know what i mean? The butterfly should turn completely flat for the most air. Anyway maybe it's supposed to be like that. My old 7mge throttle body opened up just a tiny bit more.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
Yah I hear yah, you'd figure the throttle plate should go completly flat, did you try and see how far it opens by hand compared to someone pushing the gas pedal down? Also do the same thing but use a multi meter on your TPS(I use my maft pro) and see what voltage you get with both. Anyways sounds like you got her licked.