This Hose Goes to What?

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
sm_photo_missing.jpg

This was on my 87 7M-GTE. I now have a 89 7M-GTE and the tube that goes around the block looks different. It doesn't go upward but goes all the way around the block to the intake side and looks like it plugs up beneath the intake manifold but i already have that connected to (i think) the throttle body.

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
ForcedTorque;1196465 said:
and definitely get that thin little wire off the top of your turbo. That won't last long.

What is the other end of that hose connected to?

you obviously posted as i was posting to Dumbo. The wire is gone... As i told him, check my build thread. Theres a yellow arrow pointing to the water hose i speak of. Its next to the turbo, passes the bracket for the throttle linkage, atleast 2+ years ago when my supra was running it went behind the pcv pipes and from the picture looks to be going in the fuel rail or intake manifold area. It comes from the metal coolant bypass tubes on the exhaust side of the 7M.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
WhtMa71;1196606 said:
I don't even know wtf that is and where its going to. I've never seen a hose routed like that.

Neither have I. I've put two engines together and that is not right. That is somebody's hack job. The only thing I can think of is it's the coolant line that goes up into the throttle body. It supposed to come off the coolant hardpipes under the INTAKE.

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
Yeah, im thinking that the 89 7M's are different. The tube going around the motor instead of mine from my 87 that is blocked off (looks factory) behind the block and instead of going around goes over. what does it plug into? the intake manifold? i have a hose from either the throttle body or isc plugged in there... gotta check monday.

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
Ok the mystery hose is supposed to wrap around the block to the intake side connect to the right hand side of the throttle body then over to the ISC then back into the lower section of the intake mani there is a small nipple threaded into the lower portion of the mani flange

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
dumbo;1196564 said:
http://cygnusx1.net/supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?Section=CO&P=2
its all i could find. i know there is a more accurate in the parts section.

glad to see you got her on the level

this actually gives me a good idea as to routing. thanks. I connected things wrong. the hose that goes from the bottom of the throttle body to the pipe i connected to a nipple on the intake manifold by where it bolts up to the block wich as per the diagram is supposed to come from the isc. gotta fix all this tommorrow when i get back to work.

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
well mine is blocked off (looks oem) right around the corner to the back of the exhaust side of the block and the tube instead of going around goes up by the ehaust side over the exhaust manifold. what is it that connects to the intake manifold nipple? I only see two hoses from the ISC. One looks like a big hose that goes to the vacuum pipe infront of the 3000 pipe behind the coil pack and the other one comes from the throttle body...

MA70witBoost

Registered Drifter
3p141592654;1199388 said:

no its not. I had already checked out the EPC to see if it showed something but didn't help much. Altho im going to eventually need to buy some parts off your second link but nah, didn't do much.

What goes connected to the nipple on the side of the intake manifold? by where it bolts up to the block by the front side? like above the j tube? what does that connect to?