Thinking Of Abandoning mkIII 2j project!

mrsuprafreak

Where does it end?
Aug 14, 2005
Orlando
www.cardomain.com
So close but yet to far! Thinking of abandoning my mkiii 2jz project. I'm so frustrated thinking about selling or parting out in two weeks if it's not done. Please talk some sense into me on why I will be happy once it's done so i don't have to sell or part out. My wife isn't trying to hear it after all the money we put into the car. For pics see below:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2210938 :3d_frown:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
mrsuprafreak said:
I will be happy once it's done

That's all it really is.

Extended periods of downtime can really kill your motivation to continue working on the car and completing it.

You'll be satisfied when it's done. But if you wanna cash out now and you have a good reason, then that's ok too.

mrsuprafreak

Where does it end?
Aug 14, 2005
Orlando
www.cardomain.com
OneJoeZee said:
That's all it really is.

Extended periods of downtime can really kill your motivation to continue working on the car and completing it.

You'll be satisfied when it's done. But if you wanna cash out now and you have a good reason, then that's ok too.

And your right! It's the extended down time which is killing me. I'm not in need of the money but it's better than letting it sit.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
GO GO GO GO
Don't give up! I'll be starting mine mid summer and even if it takes me a year to finish it. It will be so worth it, the way I see it, I've been holding off saving up for the 2jz and not opin out for the 1j or 7m, so if I've put already the time and money for the project, keep going with it! Don't give up!

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
my thing is nothings easy... I mean shit if it was we would all be rich and have whatever we wanted. fact is so your going through bullshit now but think about the payoff when its done. just keep at it, you gotta go through the bad before you see the good.

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
mrsuprafreak said:
So close but yet to far! Thinking of abandoning my mkiii 2jz project. I'm so frustrated thinking about selling or parting out in two weeks if it's not done. Please talk some sense into me on why I will be happy once it's done so i don't have to sell or part out. My wife isn't trying to hear it after all the money we put into the car. For pics see below:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2210938 :3d_frown:
just fly Aaron from driftmotion out. he'll get it running in 2 hours! lol

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
^^^ umm no

come one man after talking to you at bithlo you were soo excited about it man. Keep it!!! its a rare case to see a 2J MKIII especially around orlando or in FL in general. it will be a NASTY car when its done.......

i REALLY hate to say it but i agree with Joe its the down time that kills you. i dont know how many times i said i was gonna sell my Supra and ended up keeping it.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
I'll add my .02 since I was recently in your position. Granted I wasnt doing a bad ass swap like you but I was nevertheless elbows and assholes deep in a rebuild of my DD. I was so close to completion and yet so tired of of it all and wanted transportation SO BAD. I was riding a bicycle for everything I needed to do, now thats bad.

I was litterally holding the wrench in my hands to start taking her apart for the part out...and I stopped, walked away for a day, and came back with what in my mind was my last push to finish her. I Sold a few extra parts to be able to afford the last few things I needed and with almost no help from anyone, got my motor back in my car, finished off the details and got her back on the road.

I will never know what it would have been like to part it out, but I can tell you that even my darkest hours now seem worth it to drive my Supra again, and I still have yet to turn up the boost past 5lbs. (about 200miles on the clock and ticking). However, the best feeling I get is from knowing I had the fortitude to stick it out. If you've followed my build at all you would understand what a rollercoaster its been.

I guess what Im saying in my usual long winded way is: Keep at it! You will feel so much more rewarded if you stick it out. Not only will you prove to yourself and the community that you have what it takes to complete a difficult build like yours, but you will also have one of only a handful of mk3's with the mighty 2JZ in it. That is an accomplishment that I and alot of other guys on this forum only dream of doing.

::salute::

mrsuprafreak

Where does it end?
Aug 14, 2005
Orlando
www.cardomain.com
The Reaper said:
^^^ umm no

come one man after talking to you at bithlo you were soo excited about it man. Keep it!!! its a rare case to see a 2J MKIII especially around orlando or in FL in general. it will be a NASTY car when its done.......

i REALLY hate to say it but i agree with Joe its the down time that kills you. i dont know how many times i said i was gonna sell my Supra and ended up keeping it.

Yeah I was really excited, but like Joe said it's the down time that is killing me. I'm going to try to hang in there for a little while longer and see what happens.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
how many 2J swaps do you see in MKIII's?

how many are also singled?

how many are THIS clean?

FEW!

if you quit now, all of your time was wasted for NOTHING, that is time you don't get back if you sell or part it out.