Thinking about buying a GA70

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Would there be enough room to signifficantly bore out the cylinders to raise the volume of this engine? I think the premise of it is really cool, and am starting to like it a lot actually. I would just prefer to have a bit more than 2.0L maybe 2.4 ish. Also, why do the manifolds look so gay on the 1G? No tubular like the other engines? Frig they give it the ugly stuff hehe :icon_razz
eric

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Stretch said:
Would there be enough room to signifficantly bore out the cylinders to raise the volume of this engine? I think the premise of it is really cool, and am starting to like it a lot actually. I would just prefer to have a bit more than 2.0L maybe 2.4 ish. Also, why do the manifolds look so gay on the 1G? No tubular like the other engines? Frig they give it the ugly stuff hehe :icon_razz
eric

IIRC, there is a 2.4L Stroker Kit for the 1GGTE

nrogers

May 14, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
That sounds crazy, sounds like fun over 7000 rpm

gttwinturbomk3 said:
I would get it if its mint! but the turbos usally go at around those ks and should be recond. So i would check turbos for wear first. I have got one it goes well i just put boost up to 14 psi and it is easily faster then stock 7mgte
And they run all day every day on 1 bar boost!!!
Try putting more boost threw stock 7mgte and you wont be getting very far for long! So there are the ups and downs with these motors also i like the fact that they will run past 7000rpm with ease. They are a good very strong engines!

Also if people doubt that they can go real hard i just tell them about my mates single turbo conversion with blitz turbo and a few other external mods.
Stock engine interals still! With factory afm but piggybacked fuel.............

Dynod 350+ rwhp!!!!!!:)

nrogers

May 14, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Ga70 has the 2.0L 1G-GTTE while the JZA70 has the 2.5L 1JZ-GTTE and then of course MA70 with the 7m. In japan they had this narrow body which was thinner than that of which we have here.. I have never actually seen the narrow body.

theKnifeArtist said:
so uh whats the difference between a ga70 and a jza70 and this wide and narrow body buisness? i feel im lost here.

nrogers

May 14, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I bought Forza 2 for my xbox 360 and the 1st car i bought was the GA70 hahaah its sweet you can drop the 2jz into there i wish i could do that in the game and it would put it in my car in real life ................

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
narrow-bodies are......narrow...

24252572fullpr3.jpg

wide-bodies are....you got it....wide..

narrowbodyjp0.jpg

the yellow one is a "wide body" (ALL U.S./Canada cars are Widebody), the white one is narrow...

gttwinturbomk3

May 17, 2007
New Zealand
Stretch said:
eric

Hi there Stretch! Its GOOD to talk to you i admire your digital dash work a lot it is very facinating the workmanship you are putting into that. I love my digital dash especially at night time when it is all lit up! It is kind of like my rocket cotrols haha you no what i mean, something different!

Anyways...........
There is enough room to increase the capacity of the 1ggte engine but not sure by how much. I no it has been done before but i dont no how much it has been increased by i would say maybe 2400cc-2500cc you could get out of it! But it would be a BIG JOB! You would have to change the stroke of the piston as well as the bore and everything, well just about everything in the engine would have to be thought about!

The manifolds look like that because it is 2.0. They dont have to be any bigger to be anymore effective than they already are.

gttwinturbomk3

May 17, 2007
New Zealand
narrowbodyjp0.jpg

the yellow one is a "wide body" (ALL U.S./Canada cars are Widebody), the white one is narrow...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this pic i have been looking for one with them side by side to compare cheers!

gttwinturbomk3

May 17, 2007
New Zealand
starscream5000 said:
These are probably the best pictures I've seen of a narrow body that actually shows CLEARLY the difference between one and a regular supra, and what do you know? It's in this same thread ;): http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=631855&postcount=36

It's hard to tell with the white car, but this burgandy one is easy to see, escpecially on the back fenders.

What do you mean? that isnt a narrow body it is a 1990 widebody!
Read at the start of the thread it is even stated clearly there!

And also what do you mean about the back fenders? I thought the back fenders and doors are all the same? and only the gaurds are wider on the wide body models??? Plz correct me correct me if im wrong with that cheers!

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
That engine bay is spotless... 1G or not, I can dig it.

Throw in a 1J, get rid of the digidash, and I'd be in there like swimwear. :biglaugh: