Theiving Bastards

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Eh, i know but still :p

The ones i had before were a standard set from CNS motors on ebay....they were actually rather good - wrist pins and rings in the right size for $89 i think it was...cant remember what the shipping was though. They all checked out with a micrometer as well, which was surprising....

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Shit Kai, so sorry to hear about this!

I really hope insurance pulls through, and that the cops get off their asses and get you some more info!

*huggles for Kai*

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Thankies K,

Insurance offered me £100 which would have also deleted all my no claims bonus for the last 7 years, so i told them to shove it.

The police weren't helpful, as most of the police stations round here arent open on weekends, and right now the Met is all paranoid about terrorists, so they've been shipped to the airports, and Forensics are coming tomorrow now as 'they're a bit busy'. All in all, a pretty crap and depressing day :(

slidebabyslide

Starting FRESH !!!!
Dec 17, 2006
salinas,california
Nomad707 said:
let's all donate to get him a new set of rings and pistons. ive got 7$ usd in paypal waiting.

5$ wont hurt! help a fellow supramaniac.

whats your paypal address so i can send you some $?

Fo Sho. Never say no to free money :icon_bigg
Oh yeah, i will help out too

Last edited:

Entropy

No Supra... For now ;)
Apr 10, 2007
Lacey, WA
That really sucks, I hate thieves! As a few other people have offered, I would also be willing to donate a few bucks to the cause..... keep us posted.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
K - heh, me and Nick are doing lunch and telly this week, so you never know :)

As for british cops....the cops themselves are fine, the organisation as a whole is inept - too much paperwork, not enough staffing and a positive discrimination policy whereby they only hire people of 'ethnic' backgrounds so they cant be accused of being institutionally Racist.

Stupid, eh?

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Well, forensics lady came (why are they always fit blondes?!), and dusted for prints, but couldnt find any, she said it looked like they used gloves, so they weren't just opportunists - they were out for nicking stuff specifically.

The perp left his sunglasses behind, so she bagged and tagged them, took them away, said she'll look for any fingerprints on them and said that the car crimes unit would contact me in the next day or so.

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
That sucks hardcore. I don't know what i would do if someone broke into my car. I'm just wondering how ppl do it because of that crazy alarm. Do they pick the drivers side lock?

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Well only the US models came with a security system from the factory - the rest of us had dealer fitted alarms - and over here it was either Scorpion or Piranha.

As for how they get in....best not to describe the ways in a public forum, lest someone else get done over :(

Kevin P

Jan 25, 2006
London, England
Kai said:
K - heh, me and Nick are doing lunch and telly this week, so you never know :)

As for british cops....the cops themselves are fine, the organisation as a whole is inept - too much paperwork, not enough staffing and a positive discrimination policy whereby they only hire people of 'ethnic' backgrounds so they cant be accused of being institutionally Racist.

Stupid, eh?
Nearly as stupid as that quote!
Just remember that some UK supra owners read this site and can take offense.