The world's greatest engine tuner

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
1jzdreamer;1738111 said:
So those sin marks appear to be terrible attempts at Singh grooves. Doubt the ones pictured will do anything, but well thoughtout and well cut grooves can actually net a signifigant increase in lower compression N/A motors, and relatively high compression two strokes.

No. When his website looks like this, you know he's smoking crack: http://www.somender-singh.com/

Also, yeah, we had a thread on this back when it was recent :)

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
There is a lot of idiot in that thread and its not all from the dumbness of the guy building the car. Glad i didnt read every post and just skipped through the pages with pictures.

1jzdreamer

Dec 3, 2006
Arkansas
Poodles;1738380 said:
No. When his website looks like this, you know he's smoking crack: http://www.somender-singh.com/

Yes. The website sucks but the grooves do work. They are more like a bandaid fix tho. It would be better to have a perfectly designed combustion chamber and compression level for your specific tune and application- but that's just not possible.

I will admit I cannot vouch for four strokes benefiting from them, but in the world of two stroke tuning where I come from they are an accepted and tested modification. They usually result in more complete fuel burning and crisper engine operation, and even reportedly lower egts. Again, a perfect combustion area would be better- but come on.

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
shrtbrick.jpg

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
1jzdreamer;1738634 said:
Yes. The website sucks but the grooves do work. They are more like a bandaid fix tho. It would be better to have a perfectly designed combustion chamber and compression level for your specific tune and application- but that's just not possible.

I will admit I cannot vouch for four strokes benefiting from them, but in the world of two stroke tuning where I come from they are an accepted and tested modification. They usually result in more complete fuel burning and crisper engine operation, and even reportedly lower egts. Again, a perfect combustion area would be better- but come on.

2 stroke =/= 4 stroke