the t3d's FIRST "Performance before Appearance" BUILD THREAD!

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
7Mboost;1274861 said:
Ted, car is really coming together.

Although that oil filter relocation looks like its gonna make a mess, why not up in the bumper?

it was leaking like a bitch just cranking for oil pressure, so i just said fuck it and went stock for now

THANKS!

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
lppro;1274869 said:
looks good man! you have come a long way!

yea seriously. without these supra forums, i'd probably out of the game. everyone is so helpful and has beautiful cars(well, some do). it really gets you motivated. thanks again lppro!

-t3d

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
thanks eli! you should head over here and check it out!

i have some more pics to upload from this weekend =0)

and a VIDEO of something AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-t3d

psifactor

Apr 1, 2005
Clearwater, FL
www.myspace.com
It's about time! Now you better tell me you ran to the store to buy the 20 bucks worth of lines you needed to complete this thing!

Who made those fancy IC pipes?

and a FYI, it took TED forever to turn the key on this thing. After smoking, getting a drink, explaining what everything was in his garage, he was just procrastinating a bit, this thing started on the first crank ;)

Get the tranny issue figured out and then you can have your shot at the neighborhood supras :)

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
yea yea i still need to post up the pics and videos and whatnot, but my real problem is i need a new tranny. mine is no bueno!
i have some options as to finding one off some joe shmoe for 5-600 dollars and seeing how long that will last OR i called up FnH performance and they have one that can be rebuilt through them to toyota oem specs WITH a 90 day parts and labor warranty for $900 + tax. i do have to money to spend, but $900 is just hard to put down all at once.

what do you guys think? i need your opinions!!!

thanks!

-t3d

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
call marlin crawler and see how much for him to rebuild it wit hthe upgraded thrust washer and bearing plate etc... thats what i would do. i got another r154 but the one in the car now pops out of 1st and 3rd when cold soooooooo, im gonna try the other one. was told it was good when i bought it but we shall see. lol. wish i had the flywheel i need already then id just sell it to you and put my damn t56 in. lol.

psifactor

Apr 1, 2005
Clearwater, FL
www.myspace.com
Holy CRAP 900??????????????????????? even 5-600 is a bit much for used isn't 350 still the going price. I would just go find another stock one or something in the junk yard.

Dude, Chris has one. (actually a few) Call him and see how much.

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
williamb82;1285048 said:
call marlin crawler and see how much for him to rebuild it wit hthe upgraded thrust washer and bearing plate etc... thats what i would do. i got another r154 but the one in the car now pops out of 1st and 3rd when cold soooooooo, im gonna try the other one. was told it was good when i bought it but we shall see. lol. wish i had the flywheel i need already then id just sell it to you and put my damn t56 in. lol.

i wouldn't mind doing that if i didn't have to ship my tranny across the country

-t3d

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
psifactor;1285060 said:
Holy CRAP 900??????????????????????? even 5-600 is a bit much for used isn't 350 still the going price. I would just go find another stock one or something in the junk yard.

Dude, Chris has one. (actually a few) Call him and see how much.

yea i know it's alot of money. but all of his trannys are in pieces. that's not a puzzle i would like to put back together haha

-t3d

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
williamb82;1285206 said:
shipping is cheaper then you might think. ship it through greyhound.

i don't think it would be worth the hassle. i'd feel better if i had it locally done with a warranty...that's just me though

-t3d

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
ok...$980.00 later. i'll have a fully rebuilt r154 tranny for my baby in about 2 weeks.
yea i know it seems like ALOT of money...mostly 'cause it is. but i rather get through a known business like F&H Performance rather than some joe shmoe that has 100k+ miles on it and it goes out in a month. so, whatever. anyways...as soon as i get this thing back, i should be able to drive my baby for the first time =0)

-t3d

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
the t3d;1288664 said:
ok...$980.00 later. i'll have a fully rebuilt r154 tranny for my baby in about 2 weeks.
yea i know it seems like ALOT of money...mostly 'cause it is. but i rather get through a known business like F&H Performance rather than some joe shmoe that has 100k+ miles on it and it goes out in a month. so, whatever. anyways...as soon as i get this thing back, i should be able to drive my baby for the first time =0)

-t3d

That is quite a bit of money, but at least that way you'll have the peace of mind. I've pretty much decided that if, and when, mine goes out, I'll be doing a t-56 swap...but I'm strange like that.