The quest for more power...

hungryforhorses

Assembly Technician
Jul 13, 2008
Washington
Hey all, my name is James and Im located in Washington State. My friend introduced me to the supra world and I was hooked the moment he laid into that turbo, and ever since I've been looking for supra or Lexus SC 300 to start my project or finished car. I do not own one yet, but I will soon. I have a honda civic that is completly stock and totally gutless especially after feeling real power and torque in a car, so Im diving in to the supra arena by joining this forum and so far its given me lots of info and Im sure it will give me even more as I go on with my searching with my car and then with care and maintence, so wish me luck!!!

Highnitro

Boostin' 4 life
Jun 18, 2007
Vancouver, WA
glad to hear that u want a real car like a supra (ie not honda), good luck with the seach, where in washington are you located?

hungryforhorses

Assembly Technician
Jul 13, 2008
Washington
highnitro12187;1085752 said:
glad to hear that u want a real car like a supra (ie not honda), good luck with the seach, where in washington are you located?

im actually in the tri cities and its funny that your in the vancouver area because i just found a supra that im looking into at the moment around mt angel and i cant go and test drive it for a while due to previous engagements but im hoping that itll stay up for sale, i like your supra, what have you done to it?

Highnitro

Boostin' 4 life
Jun 18, 2007
Vancouver, WA
i think there are a few members in the tri cities area, my car doesnt have much done to it. it has the mods that are in my sig, as well as a fully rebuilt engine, 2 stage boost controller. i was lucky i found this car with 88k original miles. if you have the time and can spare a bit of money for gas, i recomend u come to the pacnw supra meet. even if you dont have a supra yet, it will help u get to know ur semi local community and you will be able to see some really nice surpas.

here is a link with info for the meet
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74162

hungryforhorses

Assembly Technician
Jul 13, 2008
Washington
highnitro12187;1086063 said:
i think there are a few members in the tri cities area, my car doesnt have much done to it. it has the mods that are in my sig, as well as a fully rebuilt engine, 2 stage boost controller. i was lucky i found this car with 88k original miles. if you have the time and can spare a bit of money for gas, i recomend u come to the pacnw supra meet. even if you dont have a supra yet, it will help u get to know ur semi local community and you will be able to see some really nice surpas.

here is a link with info for the meet
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74162

yah that would be awesome if i could make it, and ill c if i can, i actually know two people here on supra mania from the tc, but other than that i would like to know more around here, cause im really knew to supras and i need all the help that i can get with em, and i actually realized the mods you had done after i replyed to your statement and looked at your sig, sorry bout that. Yah the supra that i found seems in good condition, its red, targa, 88, totally rebuilt motor with auto tranny and im hoping that i can get my hands on it, it looks clean

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
Welcome to the world of Supras. Please sign these papers here, here, and here. First page is for your soul so you can find a Supra. The second page is for your first born so you can afford to maintain the Supra. And the third page is a waiver stating that you do not hold SM or it's members or Toyota responsible for the increase of genitals size while driving a Supra.

Once again welcome to the world of Supras

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
highnitro12187;1085752 said:

I hate to say it, but there are some Honda's out there that would tear up 90% of the "real cars" on this forum. :biglaugh:

But do I agree that a SC or Supra is a better choice for something that is turbocharged and fun to drive!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
^ Truth. There was a turbo Honda in my town that was vicious!

hungryforhorses

Assembly Technician
Jul 13, 2008
Washington
bigaaron;1087422 said:
I hate to say it, but there are some Honda's out there that would tear up 90% of the "real cars" on this forum. :biglaugh:

But do I agree that a SC or Supra is a better choice for something that is turbocharged and fun to drive!

yes that is true, but after seeing hondas that are all supped up and seeing supras ive decided to stick with supras and get to where i can beat most hondas that i drive up next too, cause most of them are my age and think that they can beat anybody, but yah i do have to admit that hondas are nice and that they can be all decked out but id rather have a supra in the end lol

Highnitro

Boostin' 4 life
Jun 18, 2007
Vancouver, WA
i do know there are some really fast honda's, but i just really dont like them. 99% of them are just riced out with basic bolt ons, and still terribly slow. maybe im just a hater.lol

hungryforhorses

Assembly Technician
Jul 13, 2008
Washington
Well ill be honest with ya, getting the money for the supra fell through so it might be a little while till i get one, but im gunna keep looking for one and saving for one, so wish me luck!! but i might get to make it to that supra meet in portland so thatll be fun in this horrible time of tradegy for me... lol, the only tragedy being not getting one lol