Not open for further replies.

jester1341

topless and blown
Mar 30, 2005
Western Maryland
still posting pics??

Ruger 10/22[few mods]
p979603_1.jpg

i also have a mauser 96 in 6.5x55, Mossberg 835 accumag[3.5" and 28" barrel], and a few other misc squirrel rifles

i'll get a few more pics

john

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
.... what no more love for this thread....

I think I'm seriously losing it or coming to my senses. gas, food, crackheads running around with no laws shooting my friends. I have friends that are dead because America is fucked. you start thinking for yourself and BOOM felony. take your rights away now your family and friends along with everyelse gets to pay for you. its rare seeing a hard working man making a living. I'm wrong in what I'm saying right? I don't think so. all I want to do is live a decent life building and racing my cars and bikes. not worrying if I'm gonna hear from my friends cuz damn idiots are taking shots at them for fun. this may not be the place but for fuck sake.. I can't be wrong in what I'm thinking. I'm not like the usual fuck up 19 yr old. I just went to Oregon and back to fix a bus didn't sleep for 40 hrs on the road making repairs and driving. got some good sleep to wake up and realize I'm destroying myself just to pay my rent and try to space some money for my rides to make me feel better. just got done talking with someone I see as my brother. he's getting shot at for fun. I already watched one friend go not this one.

I'm just so upset at the fact this is gonna be a hard ride to get to where I want to be. sorry for the weirded out bitching.. just tired of this shit.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Ok guys, I am going to get the CCW this summer, and I am looking for a good reliable gun that wont cost an arm and a leg. I wont be carrying all the time (cant carry into work or school). Has to be a semi, preferably not a 9mm (do NOT want anything going through). Anyone have any ideas?

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
foreverpsycotic;1012720 said:
Ok guys, I am going to get the CCW this summer, and I am looking for a good reliable gun that wont cost an arm and a leg. I wont be carrying all the time (cant carry into work or school). Has to be a semi, preferably not a 9mm (do NOT want anything going through). Anyone have any ideas?

In my experience there two things that matter in CCW: Size and weight, in that order. Regarding size, make sure you go thin (single stack!) then look for a short grip. Most good smaller pistols have mag/grip extensions that make range shooting much more fun. Don't worry about high cap; you won't carry a fat, heavy pistol, and you won't likely need more than a round or two against a bad guy. If you're worried about it, you can carry a spare mag.

Granted it's 9mm and fairly heavy, but I bought my Kahr MK9 at a show for ~$450 slightly used, and it should serve me for decades. I LOVE this gun! It points so naturally and fits my hand so well, I can completely outshoot my full sized Cougar 8000. And the trigger is the best I have ever experienced.

I don't know if that's out of your range, but stick with me because I have a couple of good (and lighter weight) suggestions from Kahr:

PM40, which matches the dimension of my MK9, but is 40 cal, polymer and only 15oz ($600 NIB from gunbroker.com & maybe $400 to $500 used at the gun show):
img_PA_pm4043.jpg

The PM45 is slightly larger if you like the big bore.

If that's too pricey, Kahr has put together some slightly larger budget minded carry pieces in 40 and 45 (CW40 & CW45, respectively). Both are about $400 nib at gunbroker and who knows what you could do at a show, which should fit most budgets pretty well. Here it is...

img_PA_cw4543.jpg

I have had NO regrets with my Kahr at all. American made, and top quality. It conceals like a gem, shoots like nothing else, and if I buy another semi auto, it will definitely be from their catalogue.

Last edited:

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Mk3runner;1001897 said:
.... what no more love for this thread....

I think I'm seriously losing it or coming to my senses. gas, food, crackheads running around with no laws shooting my friends. I have friends that are dead because America is fucked. you start thinking for yourself and BOOM felony. take your rights away now your family and friends along with everyelse gets to pay for you. its rare seeing a hard working man making a living. I'm wrong in what I'm saying right? I don't think so. all I want to do is live a decent life building and racing my cars and bikes. not worrying if I'm gonna hear from my friends cuz damn idiots are taking shots at them for fun. this may not be the place but for fuck sake.. I can't be wrong in what I'm thinking. I'm not like the usual fuck up 19 yr old. I just went to Oregon and back to fix a bus didn't sleep for 40 hrs on the road making repairs and driving. got some good sleep to wake up and realize I'm destroying myself just to pay my rent and try to space some money for my rides to make me feel better. just got done talking with someone I see as my brother. he's getting shot at for fun. I already watched one friend go not this one.

I'm just so upset at the fact this is gonna be a hard ride to get to where I want to be. sorry for the weirded out bitching.. just tired of this shit.

Thats why most of us don't live in Kommiefornia any longer....

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Mk3runner;1001897 said:

Get the fuck out of California. Life where I live is nothing like what you describe, and if it were, there'd be a war here to put an end to it.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
yeah, trying my best to get out of this shit hole, but I really got nowhere to go. money is thin and things are getting rough...

ehh, sorry again for my rant a few days ago.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Thanks a bunch Jon and Shytheed, I have looked into those already online, need to check one out in person. The only thing I have seen, held and really liked was a S&W .40. I am not sure of the actual model, but it held 10+1 was a full polimer frame with a stainless(i think) upper.
Anyone else have any ideas?

MDCmotorsports

SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
The most important (two) things are this:

-You can shoot with it and hit with it
-Its reliable

Take either one of those away, it doesn't matter if the pistol is the latest and greatest $9,000 custom job, you'll die when you actually need it.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Anyone shot the Taurus Millennium pro in any caliber? I was looking at the 380
and am loving the price and size, just want to know the reliability of it.
taurus_mill_pro.jpg

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
one of my favorites has been the 45 1911. I currently own 5 of them springfield and khimber. I live in cali so gun laws pretty much suck out here. All the cool ones I cant have but I have had my share fare of fun in the military.

I have always wanted to own the barrett 50 or aka m82a1. beautiful piece of weaponry

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
MDCmotorsports;1012820 said:
Kahrs are some of the best you can buy. My vote is for the k9, which is full nickel/stainless.

If you'd like a full size carry, then my pick is either an XD or a Walther P99.

normally, I'd recommend the kp345 but I'm having problems with mine(everybody else works but mine *scratches head*). The other gun I was looking at was the XD, p345 fit my hand better then the XD but I could've gone either way. I like MDC's gun as well as the 1911's. I might be trading my in...

MDCmotorsports

SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
foreverpsycotic;1013134 said:
Anyone shot the Taurus Millennium pro in any caliber? I was looking at the 380
and am loving the price and size, just want to know the reliability of it.
taurus_mill_pro.jpg

Not a bad carry piece. I have heard good things about them. Keep the weapon clean with quality ammo and most of the time it will work as promised.

:naughty:

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
foreverpsycotic;1012982 said:
Thanks a bunch Jon and Shytheed, I have looked into those already online, need to check one out in person. The only thing I have seen, held and really liked was a S&W .40. I am not sure of the actual model, but it held 10+1 was a full polimer frame with a stainless(i think) upper.
Anyone else have any ideas?

I love my S&W M&P.40. Interchangeable palm grips, tritium night sights(optional), reversible magazine release, tactical rail, and you DON'T need to pull the trigger to take it apart. (Isn't that rule #2 when it comes to gun safety:sarcasm:) I think you may have been talking about the compact M&P.40 which is the same gun, just smaller. Single stack 10+1. Everyone that holds it, loves it. Everyone that shoots one, buys one. (Maybe not everyone, but you get the idea.) They have now surpassed Glock in military and law enforcement usage. I am pretty sure you don't need to be a LEO to purchase one, but you can't get it with the magazine disconnect if not.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
^^^ x2. I haven't been impressed with any Glock I've shot, but it is hard to argue with the huge, dedicated following I guess...

Regarding the Taurus, search this thread, b/c I am pretty sure that SC has carried a Taurus 45 cal for a decade, iirc. In fact, I plan to buy my daughter a .38 hammerless lightweight snubby from Taurus next spring for her 21st as an affordable option to the S&W airweight. :) I never thought about about a 38 snubby for myself until I started shopping, but I now I don't think there's anything better for pocket carry. I may end buying two of them. ;)

The only thing is, I would suggest not going with the 380. I had one, and I always wished it had more punch. 9mm and up is suggested by most, although I do see a fair amount people on the gun forums saying 380 minimum. As long as you are and stay confident in your firearm.

Status
Not open for further replies.