The official MGS4: Guns of the patriots thread.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Some how I think you either never finished one, or something along those lines. I find that VERY hard to believe. I guess it's in the eye of the beholder but I've never ever met a person in person who beat a few Metal Gears to say they didn't love the series.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
You would think that in all of this time of waiting for it to come out that I would have shelled out the money for a HDTV and a PS3, but I have not.
I have loved the Metal Gear series since the first one on the NES. I believe I was in the fourth grade at that time. I may end up waiting awhile for this though. It has gone beyond the price of a game, and become the price of an investment for me.

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
I've played all of em for the PS2 and love each and every one. I bought a PS3 this summer for GTA4, GT5:p, and MGS4. I don't have a HDTV, but honestly, i don't think it matters THAT much. GTA4, GT5:p still look fucking unbelievable on a normal TV.

A friend of mine has a 1080p projector and a PS3..so i'll be over there to play MGS4. Spooge.

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
Just brought my copy home last night........

Drunkmedic, it is worth every single penny to me.... this was realized after only 20 minutes of playing.

Amazing graphics, fantastic game play, the sound effects and the AI are incredible. This is what the PS3 was meant for. Period. OK, and GT5....... I love it the same but in a different way. I bought an HD TV, PS3 and stereo system last year with my tax return; I have enjoyed the investment immensely.

My point and activity level will suffer dramatically due to MGS4.:biglaugh:

89TargaT

No Traction FTL...
Jan 30, 2008
Missouri
I've been playing it since it came out last week and I'm impressed. Amazing graphics and gameplay, and as always a really good story. I recommend that anyone who is a fan go and get this game.

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
Just beat it tonight. Best way to sum it up:

Best game I've ever played.
I'm glad I played through GTA4 before MGS, otherwise i'd be severely disappointed with GTA. My brother hasn't played the previous games, so I had to fill him in on some backstory to it, but he got most of it. For me who's played all of them... Well, I can't wait to play through it again.

seriously if I didn't already have one, I'd buy a ps3 just for this game. Its fanepictastic.

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
I am housesitting for a good friend of mine this week......42in plasma....80 gig ps3....I rented mgs4 and I havenet been outside all week. As a combat veteran I can assure you the first 20 minutes are as close as I have seen any game get. It is worth the large investment of the game system, and tv imo.

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
SupraOfDoom;1039942 said:
Some how I think you either never finished one, or something along those lines. I find that VERY hard to believe. I guess it's in the eye of the beholder but I've never ever met a person in person who beat a few Metal Gears to say they didn't love the series.

Well of course. Why would someone play all three previous games if they didn't enjoy them?

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
I still havent played snake Eater, will I be confused by any of the story line?

The game play of the first two was awesome... Hell, I still remember fighting Psycho Mantis and having to switch controllers. Took me forever, but I finally figured out how to beat him. :icon_bigg

ILikeCarsYesIDo

Permanently Banned
Nov 26, 2007
Hayward, CA
Idealsupra;1061651 said:
Enjoying your red ring of death?

I have the lower wattage Xbox 360 ;)

p1062498_1.jpg